Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Not a Single Mom...REALLY???

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 11:19 AM
  • 41 Replies
4 moms liked this

I was just in a thread that turned into people sayiing that anyone who gets child support is not a single mom. I am confused. I busted my ass for years to provide for my family-with no help at all-not even emotionally-for my kids. I am being told that child support is no different then PA. Therefore, I was basically ON PA.

Ummmm.....so those who actually had kids with someone who had a decent job, and divorced, and that dad is not a deadbeat (because the state takes his money right from him each week whether he likes it or not), the single mom busts her ass to provide the rest for however many kids she has....doesn't deserve to be called a single mom???? seriously???

Apparently child support is considered "help" here????? Not where I come from, it's called responsibility.I would have never had kids with someone who could not, would not take care of them. He's an ass, but he pays support. It's a law. It's not a hand out. That is insane.

Happy "Father's Day" to all of you, regardless of how you make ends meet. I know not all of us are fortunate enough to get the child support thing figured out, for whatever reason....I wish you all well-we are raising this generation, and I am TIRED of people not giving us any credit!

by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
andyroosmama
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 11:25 AM
2 moms liked this

Uhhhh? I am a single mom, and I have busted my butt working 2 jobs, and I get child support from my BD for one of our two boys... my youngest's dad hasn't paid since '09...

Child Support is not the same as PA... and so what if a mom needs the help... who can judge... Single mom is not having the partner to help support whether its emotional, financial whatever...

shauna730
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 12:09 PM
4 moms liked this
Ignore whoever says that. I don't see why some women want to complicate the definition of a single mom so much. It's exactly what it sounds like. A *single* mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LA09TKP
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Im still considered a single mom then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ame4c
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 12:22 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm glad I didn't see that post....LOL... I CAN and DO support my kids without child support, even though the bass turd was told to pay it.  I'm glad the courts realize that child support is a responsiblility and NOT help. 

So in their opinions, it is o.k. for a man (or woman for that matter) to up and leave their family and have no responsiblity at all for the kids they produced????  F... That! 

The good news for you is that most marriages have a 50/50 chance of survival so about 1/2 those people telling you that are going to be standing in your shoes soon.  Good Luck to them when they can't get "HELP".

Keep up the good work being a Single Mom.

vfrancis
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 3:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Parenting involves more than just a check. Your still a single mom! Just ignore it! :-)

mommaJewels2011
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 3:43 PM
That's stupid. A married person is not a single mom. If your getting child support you're probably a single mom. The girl who said that has no idea what she's taking about and just wants to start a confrontation
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katatrinakay
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 3:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Bullshit. End of story.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrene88
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:09 PM
People are ridiculous. I was told by my ex that I wasn't a single mom because of child support. Whatever floats there boat. ;) lol your a single mom and I'm sure a wonderful one!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reindeergames
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Nope childsupport is not the same as PA simple as that. I bet if those moms were getting childsupport they would be singing a different tune. 

ms.sophsmom
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Quoting katatrinakay:

Bullshit. End of story.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN