Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I hate Fathers Day...

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 5:34 PM
  • 14 Replies

ok....I don't hate fathers day.  I have an amazing dad and he is a terrific grandpa too. 

I hate that my sons dad is 45 minutes away and hasn't seen him for 6 weeks and he gets to celebrate Fathers day.  He sucks.

by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danielle17T
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think father's day is 4 him! It's for real men/father's! Not my bd he hasn't seen our son in a lil over a year he lives 10min away!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chamann
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Youre right...Fathers Days is for men that take care of their kids. Not sperm donors!

Happy Fathers Day to you...your kiddo is lucky to have you!!

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 8:21 PM

hugs

MsGrayciesMommy
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 8:53 PM
I feel the exact same way.. :/

I got the urge to text him today "happy fathers day.. hopefully you start acting like one soon! ;)" Which I really would love to send, except for the fact he could use it against me if he ever takes me to court. :/ lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chamann
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Ha! I always want to text my sons dad smartass stuff but i don't want to ever get it thrown in my face just in case court happens. It's so annoying tho. I'm sure he's been celebrating fathers day with his fiancées 2 kids and not even thinking about his own and he's probably saying how I'm such a bitch for not having my son call to say happy f-day. In my defense, I asked Jameson if he wanted to and he said no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Your child is to small to be asking such questions.  You need to step up to be the big parent and say you do as I say, not as I do.

chamann
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 12:23 AM
2 moms liked this
My son is five. I don't think that is too young to ask if he wants to call his dad on certain occasions such as fathers day or his dads bday. Just bc I don't like his dad doesn't mean I'm going to try and keep my son from having contact with him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Quoting chamann:

My son is five. I don't think that is too young to ask if he wants to call his dad on certain occasions such as fathers day or his dads bday. Just bc I don't like his dad doesn't mean I'm going to try and keep my son from having contact with him.

See in bold.  Exactly your words.  You asked your 5 yr old to do something and he said no.  He is old enough to pick up cues from you you don't like his father.  So he does the same. Therefore you are keeping your child from having a relationship with his father.  Rather than asking, say "Let's call dad and wish him a Happy Fathers day".  IF that's all he wants to say.  Your child has done his duty. If he wants to talk a little more that's good too.  At least he showing that he gets to have a relationship with his father and your not interfering with that.

Robsessed98
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I don't agree with not having him call his father.  You need to be the bigger parent and acknowledge him even though you don't like him and he hasn't been much of a father.  Who knows, maybe a phone call from his son is what he needed to get him on the right track....

MsGrayciesMommy
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this
So he doesn't see his child for 6 weeks, but deserves a phone call? Why, because he donated his sperm 5 years ago? No way. Any parent that can go 6 weeks without seeing their child, willingly, is just ridiculous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN