Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Help please. which is easier? being single or having a relationship?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:07 AM
  • 24 Replies
Well i got with this guy and we were together for 5 months and i have a 15 month old. I only seen him twice out of the whole 5 mo. Because he works alot. He is wanting to be the father figure for my son but his dad is in his life and trying to change. I told him that i cant have my son calling him dad or father. He respected that decision for him and me. He is pretty much everything i am looking for but he supports his mom because she needs help and i cant expect him to take care of us too. Not that i wasnt goina get a job and go to school. So should i be with him. Ineed some type of opinion on what you think. Anything helps. Thank you.
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
andyroosmama
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, I find being on my own a helluva lot easier than being in a relationship... but I've been happily single for nearly 7yrs... just got with BF and well... his meds talked today so I'm letting him suffer... I miss having a partner, but if the partner isn't helping, you may as well be on your own...

I have children, I don't need a grown one to deal with.

Mia1983
by Mia on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:11 AM
1 mom liked this
He doesn't have to take care of you both but he is obligated to at least help support his son financially. I hope you put him on c/s because supporting his mom doesn't excuae him from supporting the baby he helped create.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PFC91F
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 4:16 AM

Personally I think if you have only seen him twice in 5 months he doesn't have enough time to be a father figure.  Unless u were to move in together, which wouldn't be a good idea because you have only seen each other twice.  Being single and raising your child is easier in my opinion.  But, I have a specific way of raising my daughter and am glad I don't have to argue with anyone over how she is raised.  I also don't have to deal with the stress of being in a relationship with someone else.  I am not dating anyone or anything right now.  I don't have time for that.  I am a member of the military, take care of my daughter, go to school online, and take care of things at my grandparents' house.  I don't have time to put into a relationship right now.  Family is very important to me and while companionship would be nice, it's not on my priority list.

SookieRose
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 4:19 AM

do what makes you happy. GL :}

punkrockjosie
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Thank you. You are right. I appreciate it.
steviechick
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Since you've only seen your bf twice in 5 months that doesn't seem like a very good relationship or a start to a relationship.  If he wants to be your ds's 'daddy' he needs step back.  Your ex is your ds's daddy.  I would think that if your bf wants a relationship with you he would be there more than just twice in five months.  I think you need to work on the relationship with the bf and let your ex be the father of your ds.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:03 AM
There's no uniform answer. Too many variables. Depends on the ppl involved and a lot of other things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
punkrockjosie
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:46 AM
So it can still be manageable with having a relationship with someone? Well my bf wants to have a relationship with my son. He thinks his dads goina disappoint him and not be there for him like he wants to be. I only get like 490 a month and if i was to live with him i dont think hed be able to afford to help us if i needed it because he already takes care of him family and family is important to me so i would have to put em before him if i was supporting my family. I rather just think about my sons and my needs becaude it would be less stress.
deltathree
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Quoting faerie75:

There's no uniform answer. Too many variables. Depends on the ppl involved and a lot of other things.

this --- it just depends.....

punkrockjosie
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Yea. Thats very true. It really does all depend on alot of things well thanks for the help. I very much appreciate it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN