Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Kids dad trash talking

Posted by   + Show Post
Help! My kids' dad and his family is trash talking me whenever they go up there. My 3 yr old is now coming home calling me a nasty bitch and saying im dirty cuz "daddy said so". He refuses to follow any routine I have ever set up for my kids. He does everything he can to undermine me and my son tells me every day that he doesnt like me and he only likes daddy cuz daddy has candy and surprises. What can I do to fix this b4 my daughter starts picking it up? Shes 10months old right now.
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Replies (11-17):
2Myloves
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:18 AM
I could try recording it tho idk if its admissable. Ive read alot of cases where judges dont listen to really young children because they have such wild imaginations. Is that even fair?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lita5202
by Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 7:29 PM

If court order visits. go back to court. The judge added in ours he can't talk negitive about me or he could lose visits. Well he did it again and now i have a order of protection and he cant intimidate our kids or he can go to jail for a year (my case was bad he told them he was thinking of hiring someone to break my jaw)  he go back in july for the violation of visitation

2Myloves
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:11 AM
Ill have to call my lawyer and see if he can help me get things rolling for that. I cant stand having my son come home calling me names and talking like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mia1983
by Mia on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:25 AM
If he's evil enough to do that, reasoning with him probably won't work. You're going to have to go back to court.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsary
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Idk... but this is exactly why I want my sons to get to know their Dad when they understand better. He bad mouths me all the time too. U may be able to change ur custody arrangement?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsary
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Unfortunately people like that don't just stop. Smh

Quoting StephMarie_Mom:

I agree w/the previous comments. He needs to be told to stop, but also don't bad mouth him in front of the kids. And I highly recommend getting a request for supervised visits.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephMarie_Mom
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 10:30 AM
True. But maybe she can get a order for supervised visits and have those conversations monitored to avoid it happening in front of the kids? My ex does the same thing, but he's been absent from my kid's life for her whole life so far. She's 4 1/2 now. And we're just now having child support hearings, etc. And if/when custody and visitation comes up, supervised visits will be on that request.... besides, he falls under the absentee parent law in my state so they probably won't grant him much

Quoting mrsary:

Unfortunately people like that don't just stop. Smh

Quoting StephMarie_Mom:

I agree w/the previous comments. He needs to be told to stop, but also don't bad mouth him in front of the kids. And I highly recommend getting a request for supervised visits.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)