Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

" MOM,I DON'T WANT ANYBODY TO LOVE ME"

Posted by   + Show Post

My 11 yr. old dd talked openly to me last night, and it broke my heart for her. I wish I knew how to help. Sometimes as a parent the weight of cares seems too heavy to handle! One with Asperger who's been molested, and the other emotionally abused., she can't believe anyone loves her and doesn't want them to love her because she thinks they will hurt her too. Agh!!!!! She wants me to hold her, yet when I do, she gets uncomfortable and pulls away. She is so torn. It hurts when my children are hurting. I'm so incapable of helping them and it's driving me crazy....then there's my own stuff to deal with...but that's another story.

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Replies (11-12):
alisha_89
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I would try counseling and therapy and slowly try to get her use to the feeling of love again. Don't rush things but reassure her that love is a good thing and not everyone is going to hurt her. I'm sorry she had to go through this.

fusonjen
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Oh Momma I am so sorry to hear about this.  I have a child with autism/static encephalopathy and he often says somewhat the same thing to me.  Hes 5.  Very high functioning and independent.  But there are times that he cries and says no one likes him for him and theyre just nice cause hes different.  I have personally never treated him or at least as much as I can allowed him to be treated different because of his illness. Its a hard pill to swallow hun have you tried therapy? 11 years old is kind of hard to deal with (I have a 9 year old heading down the 30 yr old path) as it is let alone the other problems.  Feel free to PM me if you need someone to talk to .  *hugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)