Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Daddy visits

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:16 PM
  • 5 Replies

So Aydens father came for a visit today. His birthday was sunday so he brought a couple gifts and had a visit. Well after ayden screamed for 45 mins because he didnt remember him he warmed up and started playing. Well he stayed about 3 hrs then Ayden was getting sleepy so he put him down for a nap then he left. Well when Ayden woke up from his nap all hell broke loose he started screaming at me and he started slapping me. All i could get from his baby talk was daddy and fun. He was mad at me. I think he thinks its my fault that daddy was not there when he wokeup. How do you explain that daddy dont live here to a 1 yr old. My heart is breaking i dont want this everytime he decides to pop in. Now it will probably be another 6 months before he pops in again. Just enough time for Ayden to forget him and then boom i will have meltdowns all over again. This is sooo hard. What can i do?

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
adahmama
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Have the visits in a neutral location- like a park- and everybody should leave at the same time. I wouldn't allow pop ins. Its completely disrespectful to you and your son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Whitesoxcutie
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:44 PM
I don't have to deal with a pop in father.But I would suggest maybe having the dad come over and leave before you put him down for a nap or after the nap so that way baby sees daddy leaving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reindeergames
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Talking. Next time, start talking about how nap time is coming up, how daddy is going to have to leave, have your kid say good bye to daddy before falling asleep etc. After your kid wakes just repeat that remember daddy said goodbye etc. 

rae021
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Ugh so hard... For my dd, I had to demand structured visitation or none at all. Stability is best and her being heart broken over and over isn't worth it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Dad should go before he goes to sleep so you don't have the problem
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN