Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

For the kids?

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:26 PM
  • 9 Replies
Is it the rigjt thing to do , by staying n an relationship for the kids? I have three on my own n will soon have one on the way by my boyfriend.
We been together for three years. Wen I got pregnant he wasnt exactly thrilled. And has since vouced his feelins and reasoning on why we shouldnt have the baby. Now im 6 mo and nothing has changed. I still feel like he feels trapped. Wen I talk to him and tell him I can do it in my own and that we dnt have to be together he gets upset. Yet he never wants to do nething tigether, and he acts like me and the kids are a burden. At this point I dnt mind be alone. Ive been a single parent since day one and I was n a very abusive marriage witch I left behind. I feel so alone and wen I tell him its like im complaining. I have no family┬░c abd less than a handful of friends. Put urself n my shoes. I just want to be happy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
cadeesmommy0120
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't believe in staying for the kids. Kids aren't dumb. If you aren't happy, they won't be happy either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MFCsarah
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Staying for the kids does nothing but hurt everyone.... You will be depressed, he is already acting like you guys are a burden (so you say), and the kids will pick up on this and feel the tension.... Don't do it... If you can do it on your own, then do it!

Mickey617
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Im like seriously always sad. And im not sure if its the pregnancy hormones or my instincts
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mickey617
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:40 PM
I can definatley do it alone. I just figured fourth kid, second bd? And then to leave him. Its so embarrasing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mickey617
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:42 PM
People are so quick to jugde exspecialy my family. Whitch is y I dnt see them much
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mia1983
by Mia on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Maybe you should try couples counseling, if possible. I don't think it's always a good idea to stay together for the kids, but I do think you should put up a hell of a fight before you split up your family. A lot of times issues are fixable. Blending families *and* pregnancy on top of a newish relationship is a lot to deal with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mickey617
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:26 PM
I do feel like its fixable but I feel like its goin to take him growing up alot more. I want to settle down. He says hes ready but actions speak louder than words. It like he wants me to believe none of wat I see and all of wat I hear from him. Ive done this before with my kids father and I held on for yrs. Im not sure if I can deal with this again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Don't be embarrassed you need to do what's best for you and your kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TwinsTwice2011
by Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 5:47 PM

You deserve to be happy. Your kids will notice you're not happy and it will effect them. I stayed for a long time for the kids and ended up leaving anyway. I wish I would have left sooner.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)