Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

does your kids dad come around ?

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 8:37 PM
  • 21 Replies

does ur kids dad still come around.  if he doesn't anymore how long did it take for him to slowly give up time? im been divorced for 3 years now and lately he has been giving up alot of time with them. they get disappointed. how long until he just stops seeing them and hurting them. or is it just something that goes thru phases ? thanks

by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Delila12
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 8:38 PM
No. He's never been around. And isk how long it's going to last, but he just recently stopped calling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Oh yeah. He sees them a lot. Right now he takes them on Fridays while I work to help with daycare costs. And..him and his girlfriend take them to dinner and stuff here and there. They have never stayed the night with him though! Its good for me...I hate being away from them..but I would hate for him to not be around. They need their dad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lnk8522
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:24 PM

he takes him 2 days every week

MissTuree
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:48 PM

He was gone by ds's 1st b-day. (he's almost 8 now) Luckily for us he left when he was young so my ds never had the heartbreak of losing his dad, he just accepted that it was him and I, he had my dad and brother as men to look up to and has been happy with that.

I'm sorry your babies are going through this. :(

owl0210
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:24 PM

I wish I knew the answer. My ex-husband was consistent with his weekend visitation until he joined the army reserves. He always has some sort of training going on and my son is starting to realize that he isn't around as much. 

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:26 PM
When he feels like it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:48 PM

yes, but i wish he didn't

Demandatory
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:52 PM
When u find out let me know ! Not sure this one will ever give up! Three weekends in a row think we have a system then it's either the car or something else sometimes I think he does it just enough so I won't take him bakto court because it has to be consecutive ... Ass...but it's a toll on my dd be ause she gets comfy home then whisked away again...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Nope he slowly started to around 6 months last time we saw him he was 8 months old and it's only because we ended up at a wedding of mutual friends
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Oh and ds is 2 now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN