Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Husband planned pregnancy w me then left me at 3 months preg

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 4:23 AM
  • 37 Replies
Husband planned pregnancy w me then left me at 3 months pregnant. He didn't talk to me for about a month and a half then he called in the middle of the night and wanted to meet up. He had obviously been drinking. He said in his heart he didn't want a divorce but his Brain did. Then the next day he was supposed to come talk to me about plans for the baby and us and he couldn't make it (he actually had a good excuse). I didn't hear from him again for a couple weeks then he came to my house and we got into an argument about custody cause he thinks hes getting full custody even though he hasn't been there for anything during this pregnancy. After the argument he wanted me to walk him to the car, I went to get my shoes he got in the car.
Once I got in front of the car he hit me with it. He then drove off. The police found him and he spent the night in jail. Now there's a no contact order until 2017. I feel stupid for saying this but I want him to see the birth of his baby. You can only see that once. Im hoping once he sees the baby he will grow up. Im on bed rest with no job or money and he took our car and I also have a 3 year old. I don't know what to do. I wish things could go back. I don't even know why he left to begin with. He left while I was asleep and he took everything. Then while I was in the hospital he broke into the house and took the rest of the stuff. I have nothing and the state won't help cause I am still married and he makes too much money. I have tried to file for divorce but that costs a lot of money and I can't afford that. I have no money. What do I do? I want to see him and be friends and raise the baby as friends but yet he doesn't want anything to do with me. I don't get it. Please don't respond with something rude or hurtful. I've gone through enough.
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 4:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIMIBRIE
by Jayme on Jun. 24, 2012 at 4:55 AM
8 moms liked this
I honestly have no advice but you really need to put your feelings aside and do what's best for you and your children. This guy hit you with a car. He could have killed you and your unborn child. Seeing a child being born is a privilege something which he does not deserve.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KCayea
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 6:04 AM

lawyers take payments and in the divorce a judge will rule that he pays lawyer fees esp if you sahm and h left

Amanda_Jo1209
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 6:08 AM

Quoting MIMIBRIE:

I honestly have no advice but you really need to put your feelings aside and do what's best for you and your children. This guy hit you with a car. He could have killed you and your unborn child. Seeing a child being born is a privilege something which he does not deserve.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amanda_Jo1209
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 6:09 AM
1 mom liked this
You can also see if they'll do a pro-bono case. Check into domestic violence shelters too for help.

Quoting KCayea:

lawyers take payments and in the divorce a judge will rule that he pays lawyer fees esp if you sahm and h left

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovethelake
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:32 AM

he is erratic and out fo control. He hit you with a car and left you and his child with NOTHING. Even though you filed the no contact order, if you contact him it is also a violation. Try to apply for assistance again. Go into the state office, bring the order and exomplain your circumstances face to face. You are pregnant, they will not deny you food assistance. 

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this
You owe this man NOTHING at this point. He abandoned you and your child and tried to kill you. Why in the world would you want to have anything to do with him?

You really need to get some counseling ASAP.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lv_my_babies
by Kira on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:52 AM

I filed for a divorce through legal aid, it takes a long time (about a year and a half for mine) but its a start.

Robsessed98
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Totally agree. He doesn't deserve to be there if he could have killed you, but he certainly does deserve to have to pay child support!

Quoting MIMIBRIE:

JACAR2010
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Sounds 'bout the norm in society right now....
JACAR2010
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 12:00 PM
2 moms liked this
He's not interested in the child, the unborn child or you. I am not being harsh. I think you need to reach the point quickly where you see your situation for what it is and not what you want it to be or what it was when it was good. Scared you are, yes. Without money, yes. But we've all been there in some form or fashion, and we have to move on and raise children who do not imitate their Father's behavior. I did it two years ago...same as you sick, on bed rest, no money, no mate, gave birth to a premature child etc...and with God's help we not only survived but my son is a modern medical miracle!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)