Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Career Changes

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:24 PM
  • 16 Replies

I have been thinking about changing career fields.  I have been dealing with housing for the past 4 years and I need a change in pace.  I have been approached to sell health and life insurance.... I am studying to get my license now, just because I have nothing else to do.  If I successfully get my license I will be contracted by New York Life.

I don't think I am going to like it, but I am going to give it a try.  I would rather work for a non-profit oganization like a homeless shelter or community services organization.  I have been volunteering, since I haven't found the right agency to work for.

If you could/have/or planning to switch careers/jobs what would you like to be doing for a living?

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steviechick
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I'm in sales and I would prefer to do something totally different.  I'm tired of the same old thing Mon-Fri.  If I could change my career I would have gone into journalism.  Writing for a paper or writing for a magazine.  Sounds like your future looks bright.  Try it for a while and see how it goes.  Not everyone stays on one career path.  I wish I could change my career path, but I'm stuck.

KeriAZ
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:58 PM
I was an EMT for 5 yrs gone three 24 hr periods. I decided that i want to be home with my kids. So i am now also an MA. Gonna take classes to be a phlebotomist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I already have and totaltally enjoy it.

Tashia07
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 6:53 PM

What are you doing now and what did you switch from?

Quoting brieri:

Gina_C
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 6:58 PM
Im a welder, which I totally love, but what I really want to be is an engineer and design all the cool stuff I have gotten to work on
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Re-tired.  After years of doing the same thing over and over again, it was time to leave.  Can't say, sorry.

Quoting Tashia07:

Quoting brieri:

rubiesworth718
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:07 PM

I currently teach Toddler-Preschool, but I will be going back to school this fall; I'll be studying Applied Psychology and Human Services. Thinking about taking up a few Creative Writing classes too. Good luck with whatever career you choose! :)

Tashia07
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Retired.... think I might be 70 before I get to retire.... LOL I'm not jealous!

Quoting brieri:

Re-tired.  After years of doing the same thing over and over again, it was time to leave.  Can't say, sorry.

Quoting Tashia07:

Quoting brieri:

Tashia07
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:23 PM

A welder really!?!? How did you get into that?

Quoting Gina_C:

Im a welder, which I totally love, but what I really want to be is an engineer and design all the cool stuff I have gotten to work on

opal10161973
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:25 PM

I was a nurse for 15 years and now I am going to school for Software Engineering.  I have always loved computers, so it's something I have wanted to do for a long time.  I hope you like your job more than you think.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN