Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Dead beat loser SOB Dad!!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 11:56 AM
  • 18 Replies

My son's father has not seen mijo in bout 2 weeks. He works/ lives out of town and he is supposed to pick him up every sunday from 11-6... Well he called me and told me that he was going to be in town on Tuesday and Wednesday. I was trying to be nice and i asked him if he wanted to have mijo both days. He said no. He was going to be super busy on Tuesday and was not gon be able to take him. Later during the day he begged me to let mijo sleep over. I was kind of hesitant and finally gave in. Around 7, he texted me and told me he was not gon be able to pick Izeah up cuz he was still too busy, and if he could pick him up Wednesday in the morning. I leave for work at 8:30. Well a little after 8 he texted me that he overslept and if he could still pick up Izeah. I asked him how long would it take him and he said from 40-50 minutes...  I MEAN WTF!!!!! he tells his fam that I'm the one that keeps him from his son. He's always late, always making excuses for not picking up. IM JUST SO F***ING FRUSTRATED!!!!!

by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robsessed98
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't understand how that makes him a loser deadbeat sob.  He is having some scheduling problems and he overslept.... we all do that on occasion.  At least he is making an effort to see the child.

MommyandBecca
by Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest hasnt seen her father in over 3 years now and not from me keeping her from him but him never making the effort to come see her.  Its only been two weeks give him a little slack wait til it turns in to years thats when you can call him the deadbeat sob

ChuubiMama
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Quoting Robsessed98:

I don't understand how that makes him a loser deadbeat sob.  He is having some scheduling problems and he overslept.... we all do that on occasion.  At least he is making an effort to see the child.

He denied my son since the beggining. He didn't want to pay CS 'til it was court ordered. He prefers to spend time with his gf than his own kid. When he does have mijo with him, he usually just drops him off at his moms house. He has shown up drunk at my house trying to take my son. should i go on?

MamasaurusPrime
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Well what do you want them to say? You want them to pity your anger problems because he messed up and slept in, and his schedule doesn't fit yours? You know, if your schedules clash you're just gonna have to wait until you can both work something out. Either you want him to be a part of your child's life or you don't. Don't follow partially through on one route then change your mind after...

Quoting ChuubiMama:

Quoting Robsessed98:

He denied my son since the beggining. He didn't want to pay CS 'til it was court ordered. He prefers to spend time with his gf than his own kid. When he does have mijo with him, he usually just drops him off at his moms house. He has shown up drunk at my house trying to take my son. should i go on?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChuubiMama
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Well what do you want them to say? You want them to pity your anger problems because he messed up and slept in, and his schedule doesn't fit yours? You know, if your schedules clash you're just gonna have to wait until you can both work something out. Either you want him to be a part of your child's life or you don't. Don't follow partially through on one route then change your mind after...

Quoting ChuubiMama:

Quoting Robsessed98:

Our schedules do not clash. We both have weekends off. For some reasons (which i still dont kno) he didn't call or text to let me kno that the was not going to see our son for 2 weeks and then all of a sudden he show's up. I was trying to be nice and let him see DS both days to make up the past 2 weeks and he said no. I am angry cuz first of all I DO NOT WANT HIM IN MY SON'S LIFE. He was the one that wanted to get joint custody AFTER A WHOLE YEAR PAST BY. It was COURT ORDERED for him to Pick him up on Sundays from 11-6... Im trying to cooperate with him but after being taken advantage of, I WONT PUT UP WITH IT ANYMORE.

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Wow. K.

First, I don't see anything out of the ordinary here. It's only been 2 weeks. Calm down.

My sons father hasn't seen him in 10 months, promised to come over.....today. nothing.

Whatever. Not my problem, his problem.

You seriously need to take yourself out of the situation. It's not about you. It's about the child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 1:36 PM
4 moms liked this

Your ex certainly isn't giving you respect.   If he can't come by and pick up his son when he is scheduled to then he won't be able to see him.  I wouldn't cut him off though until he shows a definate pattern.  If he isn't responsible enough to set an alarm, stop drinking and stop giving your son over to his grandmother to watch then I would approach the courts for visitations.  You and your son deserve better time schedules, an ex that won't be drunk when he comes over to see his son and a father that actually spends quality time with his own child.  You shouldn't take this BS from your ex.  He has to be responsible.

MissNarin
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 1:37 PM
I wouldn't necessarily call him a deadbeat sob after 2 weeks because there are some children whom haven't seen their "Dad" in some years HOWEVER I understand your frustration because your son needs consistency .. Make sure you document everything .. missed visitations .. him coming over drunk trying to pick him up & etc, if he continues to do so .. Go back to court & have the order modified .. Every child deserves his/her father though so try not to let your feelings get between their relationship although it's hard ..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamasaurusPrime
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 1:50 PM
You wanna talk deadbeat OP? 5 years. Mine left after DS was 5 months old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rae021
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I see your frustration, and I don't think its dead beat competition, 2 weeks is not long but to a kid waiting for dad it is. And the crt ordered those time to prevent irresponsible behavior. And nl, don't cater to him. That's why there is a crt order. Don't go above and beyond until he proves he deserves this. Bc if he deserved it the crt would have awarded it. Be careful with over nights if u truly don't think he's fit to have him longer then the already awarded time bc next time u go to crt, they will say why can't he have him all weekend you already let him stay over night. Good luck hun...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)