Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Devistating! Prayers appreciated (PIOG)

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:48 PM
  • 11 Replies
For those not in Colorado we have had fires galore here. The one we are battling now is the Waldo Canyon fire near Colorado Springs. Multiple houses have been lost and last night it got close enough to the city that the Air Force Academy was evacuated. I am hearing predictions that this could go for a month. Last count of evacuees I heard was approximately 32,000. We have already lost some areas very dear to the city. Firefighters from all over are doing what little they can. Law enforcement and DOT are doing all they can. I have friends and colleagues literally in the middle of this mess. Any and all prayers would be appreciated!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
towerjunkie1989
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Praying.

lydi
by Lydi on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:52 PM

lots of prayers!!!

animebuddy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 2:56 PM
In my thoughts
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cpdsptchgrl
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 3:18 PM
It's now up to 15,000 acres burned. Last night was 32,000 evacuees and now Monument and Woodland Park are evacuating as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cpdsptchgrl
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 4:52 AM

Just some of the homes burned down. =( It is now up to 18,500 acres burned, 1,000 firefighters, 500 law enforcement, 27 crews, 73 engines, 3 water tenders, 5% contained...and still growing. The blessing in all of this is so far there are NO reported injuries.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:42 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with all involved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cpdsptchgrl
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 3:55 AM
Now up from 5% contained to 15%. Grateful to see progress being made. Unfortunately, there are now large fires in other areas of the state too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cpdsptchgrl
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 5:05 AM
2 moms liked this
Great news ladies!!! The fire is now 55% contained and they are predicting that they will meet 100% containment but July 11th!! The highway has been reopened and a vast majority of the evacuees are being allowed to return home! So grateful for the headway. This means our firefighters will be able to help efforts with some of the other major fires here sooner than anticipated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmummy93
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 5:11 AM

I used t live in Colorado. I've been following all of te news on the fires since they have started. Its just terrible!

enathalivo78
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Dear God, Please be with each family going through these devastating fires in Colorado. We know that you are in control and that you are good and merciful. In Jesus Name. Amen

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)