Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Parenting-Conflict classes?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:18 PM
  • 14 Replies

BD and I are court ordered to attend these classes together.

What happens during these classes? I hate even being in the same town as BD, sitting by him would make me vomit.

by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KellyO88
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 9:14 PM

For my mediation we had to attend parenting classes - but we did not have to take the same class.  I am not sure about the conflict class - make a call to ask - good luck!!

lydi
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 10:15 PM

me and my ex had to go to one.  i sat no where near him.  it was about communication and how to deal with different parenting styles and stuff like that, other than that i dont really remember, but it goes by fast. 

Robsessed98
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I've never heard of them, but it sounds like an excellent idea.  Just go in with an open mind and remember it is being done for your child(ren).

Meagie
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:41 AM
I took one, it was 6 hours broken into 2-3 hour classes. It was all about communication, parenting ect... It was called "For the Sake of the Children". It had a lot of good information. Here they get the "parties" involved to go to the course on separate days so there's no "conflict".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Skye21210
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:49 AM

I have  never heard of these classes before. That is a good way to come together as a team for the kids. It would never work for me and my headstrong BD.

sid1083
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:18 AM
I thought it was a good class. It covers moving on from your previous relationship, how kids perceive split households, how to work on communication & coparent with the other parent. If nothing else, I found it very informative.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilahsmommie
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:25 AM
In my state you have to take a class like this to get a divorce if you have a child together. You do not have to go at the same time. it is mostly common sense stuff. don't talk bad abt the other parent, work together etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilahsmommie
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:27 AM
Mine was so slow.. It was 5 hrs, and none of it even applied to newer as I have sole custody, and there is a restraining order, so he can't call our see either of us. The teachers were not very helpful for my situation.

Quoting lydi:

me and my ex had to go to one.  i sat no where near him.  it was about communication and how to deal with different parenting styles and stuff like that, other than that i dont really remember, but it goes by fast. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilahsmommie
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:29 AM
Mine included this stuff, and there was a part abt transitioning financial situations, and new relationships too.

Quoting sid1083:

I thought it was a good class. It covers moving on from your previous relationship, how kids perceive split households, how to work on communication & coparent with the other parent. If nothing else, I found it very informative.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaJewels2011
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:34 AM
Sounds like that could either go really well, or be really annoying lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)