Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Do you have a contract?

Posted by   + Show Post

My son's biological father and I have agreed to parenting time arrangements over the phone. Am I being weird about typing it out, having him read it and sign it?

by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Replies (21-26):
Cpdsptchgrl
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 5:17 AM
Is it a no contact order? If so you need to cut ALL communication with him like yesterday. If he can prove you are voluntarily having contact with him while there is a no contact order not only will it hurt your credibility but YOU can be charged with violating that order as well.

Quoting Traceyssel:

Quoting fireangels2:

You are being very smart about this and I agree with the ladies about. Another you need to do is if there has been/ and in the future, save any text messages that seem important. Or even if you think they might be later, save those. Plans for you to exchange your child with him, if he starts willingly bailing on seeing your child, if he ever says anything bad about you or your child, etc. Even if things are good, they may be very useful later. They have saved my butt with my lawyer a few times with my ex. Same thing with voice mails. These most of the time can't be used in court, but a lawyer will be able to use them to build a case.

A saying that I learned from being a CNA for over 12 years, "if it isn't in writing, it didn't happen." That always referred to us doing our charting and that documentation meant everything in our line of work.

That's how I have a restraining order agaisnt him. He use to text me threatening, intimidating, hateful text messages. I got a lawyer and showed the judge. There were over 100 of them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:06 AM

I think it's a great idea.

Traceyssel
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Quoting Cpdsptchgrl:

Is it a no contact order? If so you need to cut ALL communication with him like yesterday. If he can prove you are voluntarily having contact with him while there is a no contact order not only will it hurt your credibility but YOU can be charged with violating that order as well.

Quoting Traceyssel:

Quoting fireangels2:

You are being very smart about this and I agree with the ladies about. Another you need to do is if there has been/ and in the future, save any text messages that seem important. Or even if you think they might be later, save those. Plans for you to exchange your child with him, if he starts willingly bailing on seeing your child, if he ever says anything bad about you or your child, etc. Even if things are good, they may be very useful later. They have saved my butt with my lawyer a few times with my ex. Same thing with voice mails. These most of the time can't be used in court, but a lawyer will be able to use them to build a case.

A saying that I learned from being a CNA for over 12 years, "if it isn't in writing, it didn't happen." That always referred to us doing our charting and that documentation meant everything in our line of work.

That's how I have a restraining order agaisnt him. He use to text me threatening, intimidating, hateful text messages. I got a lawyer and showed the judge. There were over 100 of them.

I wish it was a no contact order, but its not :(

owl0210
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Go through the courts to make it legal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cpdsptchgrl
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:52 AM
That is horrible. I'm sorry to hear that. =(

Quoting Traceyssel:

Quoting Cpdsptchgrl:

Quoting Traceyssel:

Quoting fireangels2:

I wish it was a no contact order, but its not :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jun. 29, 2012 at 1:37 PM
No!! It's a very smart thing to do!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN