Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

My DD hurt my feelings

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 8:25 PM
  • 8 Replies
My DD is 2 and she is very sweet, but most of the time it's not towards me. She isn't excited when i pick her up from daycare, and I just asked who her best friend was and she answered, "tutu"(that's she calls my mom). In her eyes the whole world revolves around her grandmother.... I know i shouldn't be bothered by it, but honestly it hurts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Traceyssel
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Does she spend most of her time with 'tutu'?

_AshlynNicole
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this
No. I live down the street from my parents and she only sees them 2 or 3 times a week. They probably do "fun" things together, but she spends most of her time with me.

Quoting Traceyssel:

Does she spend most of her time with 'tutu'?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:48 PM
2 moms liked this
because you are the boss and discipline Tutu is fun that's why the Disneyland dad is so great even though they are deadbeats
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Traceyssel
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:07 AM

I'd be mad if my kids favored my mom :(

cakg1273
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:53 AM

maybe take her out for a mother daughter day ! show her you can be a fun time to (:

tyfry7496
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:03 AM
I think it's great that she has such a positive loving relationship with her grandma. Its a good thing. My son has adored my dad his entire life and would rather be with him and it doesn't bother me a bit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meranda20
by Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I say try to spend much alone trime as possible, show her that you can be just as much fun.

Mia1983
by Mia on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:40 AM
That's probably because grandma is fun and maybe she spoiles her in that way grandmothers tend to do. My daughter was the same way. When I left the house, she would barely look up. When grandma left, it was waterworks. Don't take it personal. Some kids just love their grannies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)