Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Depressed, lost and alone

Posted by   + Show Post
Hello everyone,
I'm a 25 year old single mom of two little girls, that I love more then anything. I have lost my job, that I have been with for three years, and I know for a fact that I'm depressed. I have always kept a good job, and now I have lost it. My two girls are a year apart, my oldest just turned 2 and my youngest will be 1years old in a few months. My oldest daugher's father hasn't seen/done anything for her since she was three months, and he doesn't have a job, so I don't receive any type of child support, my youngest father is in the picture, but doesn't really help. So in the end I have myself and my daughter's have me. I'm stretched thin, and I really want help, and guidance.
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Replies (11-17):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group hun and good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:25 AM

welcome

Welcome!

First, since you believe you're suffering from depression, have you talked with your doctor?  I would definitely like to encourage you to do so.

After that, if you're not already, you should sign up for assistance.  Food stamps, WIC, child support enforcement.

Have you considered going back to school?  I'm sure you qualify for some grants and maybe scholarships too that would help you get through school and help with some living expenses too.

Mia1983
by Mia on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyoftwo262
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:04 PM
I will receive food stamps and medical for myself. And Yes, I'm going to go back school,and I'm going to go talk to someone about my depression.
roxmom202
by Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I totally could relate to you, i am too unemployed with 2 kids.  I have been looking for work almost 2 years and i get interviews but i think im over cualified and it has been extremely difficult.  I was on unemployment but thats gone too, so i am still looking and just praying you have to just know that God has a plan for us.  Write back if you feel like talking k

Tish_Hughes
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 3:15 AM
Aww that sucks. Sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Welcome to the group.  The first thing you need to do is pound the pavement until you find another job.  While youre looking get on pa to make ends meet.  It's not unusual to be depressed when you lose a job, but you can't let that keep you down.  Bounce back up and start over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)