Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Showering naked in a public shower?

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 1:48 PM
  • 64 Replies

Took my DS to the local outdoor pool...we have been going since he was a baby. Friday he went into shower (warm up since there is very little water pressure) he came out and said there was a naked man showering in there and said to him "Oh these showers dont stay on long enough" Now there are no private showers, there is just 4 community showers.

Told the life gaurd she said she would keep her eyes out. Told another friend and he wasnt phased by it at all..said he would do the same (taking a naked shower even if there were young kids present) then told me its just because I am a single mom that I was offended and reacted that way...

So do you shower naked at public open showers, would you even with little kids present? Or did I over react?

by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jun. 30, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Nope I would feel the same. There no reason for that if there are kids around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SinceresMomma
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I personally wouldn't shower completely naked in a public open shower.. Nowadays I wouldn't even let my son go in there alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aslen
by Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 1:53 PM

I did it in basic....

I do it at the gym....

yeah, yeah you did

JakesMom712
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 1:54 PM
Nope, not going to happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Connorsmommy13
by Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Quoting Aslen:

I did it in basic....

I do it at the gym....

yeah, yeah you did

Would you do it infront of little kids though??

BTW what sort of basic?

Aslen
by Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting Aslen:

I did it in basic....

I do it at the gym....

yeah, yeah you did

BTW what sort of basic?

Basic training?

And she was showering.... was she masturbating? Was she performing any sexual act or mimicking a sexual act? Was she in any way suggestive or coming on to your child?

1stpreggers
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 1:57 PM
I don't get naked in public showers I'm too shy. I have seen other ppl do it . I think you may have over reacted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Connorsmommy13
by Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting Aslen:

I did it in basic....

I do it at the gym....

yeah, yeah you did

BTW what sort of basic?

Basic training?

And she was showering.... was she masturbating? Was she performing any sexual act or mimicking a sexual act? Was she in any way suggestive or coming on to your child?

Well thanks for the service...

He wasnt doing anything...just creeped me out a little...he is too old to come into the womas with me and since its a smaller pool and more open but just shower naked...stopped going to the bigger pool because people walked aroundthe change rooms naked...had one father try to introduce me to his son "You have son, you make good sons, no ring, no man, you met my son"

Aslen
by Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 2:05 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting Aslen:

I did it in basic....

I do it at the gym....

yeah, yeah you did

BTW what sort of basic?

Basic training?

Well thanks for the service...

He wasnt doing anything...just creeped me out a little...he is too old to come into the womas with me and since its a smaller pool and more open but just shower naked...stopped going to the bigger pool because people walked aroundthe change rooms naked...had one father try to introduce me to his son "You have son, you make good sons, no ring, no man, you met my son"

OK....

so you told the lifeguard about a man taking a shower....

not masturbating or doing anything remotely suggestive... just taking a shower....

and people wonder why Americans have so damn many body issues

moosesmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 2:07 PM
I showered naked in public during basic. So in places like that or the gym it's not a big deal.

I guess I wouldn't care. I don't see the problem with my daughter walking into a community shower full of women (never alone though. She doesn't go anywhere alone). I mean it's a community shower like you said. So be prepared to see anything I guess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN