Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Showering naked in a public shower?

Took my DS to the local outdoor pool...we have been going since he was a baby. Friday he went into shower (warm up since there is very little water pressure) he came out and said there was a naked man showering in there and said to him "Oh these showers dont stay on long enough" Now there are no private showers, there is just 4 community showers.

Told the life gaurd she said she would keep her eyes out. Told another friend and he wasnt phased by it at all..said he would do the same (taking a naked shower even if there were young kids present) then told me its just because I am a single mom that I was offended and reacted that way...

So do you shower naked at public open showers, would you even with little kids present? Or did I over react?

by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Replies (61-64):
robalyn09
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:35 PM
I have a baby and at my local YMCA there are adults and children alike walking around naked and showering. Guess when I was little I showered there too but idk if it was naked I doubt it. I don't feel comfortable naked but I change my baby and she is naked until her diaper goes on. Guess its all in how your raised to feel around others.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahtessa
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I shower naked at the YMCA in the Girls' locker room with my younger sister, because she's 9yo, and too young to go in the women's locker room. Other women shower naked in there with their children. I also shower naked in the shower room at the pool at our timeshare resort and there are other women and girls and young boys present. I'm assuming that it's the same in the men's room. DH has taken our DD into the mens' room with him, and I'm not worried if she sees naked men in there. They're only children, it's not sexual. Just because a man is naked and being nice to a kid doesn't necessarily make him a pedophile. Your DS probably was having issues with the shower and the man was probably trying to be nice. If I saw a kid needing help or looking confused, I'd help whether I was clothed or not.

luckystars2012
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 11:23 PM
I'm assuming it's not a coed shower? I think you overreacted.
fullxbusymom
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Honestly I would never shower at a public pool in the first place.  I simply wrap a towel around me and go home and shower.

How old is your son that he can't go in the woman's room or shower with you?

Edited to add:  I see you said he is only 7.  Sorry but at 7yrs old he would still be coming in the woman's room with me in the first place.  No way in heck would I be sending a 7yr old to shower in an open shower with grown adults without me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)