Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

If you weren't my mother I'd.....

Posted by   + Show Post

So I have been having issues with my mother since I lost my two weeks ago.  She has been stepping on my toes when it comes to parenting my son.  She has be submitting my resume to jobs I have no interest in what so ever, without telling me.  I always go on interviews, and hope for the best.  Well the last few just didn't go well for various reasons.

My mother has not had to pay rent in a full year, even before we lived together I was paying her rent.  So I let her know I am going to pay all of the bills cable, gas, electric, and rents insurance.  I also let her know I was stocking up on a lot of household products.  The most important thing I told her was that I would not be able to pay the full rent on my own and she would have to help with the rent.

We had a long conversation oh how she planned on paying her portion with her pension check.  Well instead of setting aside money for our rent, she goes on a shopping spree! I told her yesterday I have the portion we talked about and she starts flipping out about I should have told her I wasn't going to pay the full rent.  So she has been throwing my stuff in the trash, ripping up my papers,  and giving me the silent treatment yet again.

So this is her latest move... She has prepared herself a meal, cleaned it up, and but it away.  My son asked if he could have something to eat, and she just walked away! Now what is that crap?

The last time she stopped speaking to me I ranted to my sister about what was going on.  My sister turns around and tells my mother I am talking about her, and as a result my mother asks me why I am telling my sister anything about her.  Why is this woman on the phone with my sister telling her that I am irresponsible?

I can't wait until our lease is up!

by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:43 PM
Replies (11-12):
MsJiLL27
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:04 PM

That is rough, sounds a lot like my mother. The only way we can possibly get along is in seperate living spaces. Good luck!

cdjd23
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Kills me when the child is more mature acting then the parent, hope it doesn't get any worse before your lease is up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)