Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Nagging?

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:24 PM
  • 12 Replies

I hate to even call it nagging, but how do you deal with your child(ren) nagging? Like Constantly asking question after question or going from topic to topic every single moment your with them. Especially when its bedtime? I don't know how to deal with it. I love hearing her talk and hearing that she is interested in things, but sometimes I just need a moment of peace. And sometimes, like bedtime, its not the time for it, or I think atleast.

by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:25 PM
I just tell him mommy has a headache. She needs some quiet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 1, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Mommy needs quiet time too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crzctl8de
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 12:27 PM

How old?

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Whining I don't listen to. As far as incessant questions. I will answer fr a little while but then I say I have no more answers and to go play. I'm their mom but it isn't my job to entertain them all day, they need to learn to entertain themselves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vfrancis
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Quoting crzctl8de:

How old?

She turned six in April.

vfrancis
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Mommy needs quiet time too

I try this but she still doesn't listen. I don't feel like I should discipline her for this. But just don't know. Oh, I forgot to mention, not sure if it matters, but she is an only child.

Refurbished
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I say, "We are going to rest right now, so we will talk about it tomorrow when you get up."  It helps to set a time when they can ask their questions.

BigMama925
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this
You mean this- " Mommy mommy mom mama MAMA MOMMY mom mom mom mama mama MOMMYYYYYYYY mooooooooom!!" I hear that as early as the buttcrack of dawn to about 12am everynight.. times 3kids -not including my stepkids.. O.o I have now mastered my mother's way of tuning out excess noise.. :P
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vfrancis
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Quoting BigMama925:

You mean this- " Mommy mommy mom mama MAMA MOMMY mom mom mom mama mama MOMMYYYYYYYY mooooooooom!!" I hear that as early as the buttcrack of dawn to about 12am everynight.. times 3kids -not including my stepkids.. O.o I have now mastered my mother's way of tuning out excess noise.. :P

Yes, this is pretty much what I am talking about! Is this a secret? Or can I get a glimpse of mother's way??? lol

PinkParadox
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:35 PM
2 moms liked this

If they're old enough...buy them a jouranl and start teaching them to write down what they're thinking and feeling, or even make a list of things to tlak to you about tomorrow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN