Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

im starting to feel it now.

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2007 at 11:35 AM
  • 8 Replies
So im a single mama of a 2 year old.  Ive been single since i was 7 months into the pregnancy.  It didnt really bug me a lot, i just do what i have to so the both of us can survive.  Her father is not in her life at all, his choice.  But now i see people everywhere with their families and I am starting to feel it now.  Sometimes I wish I were with someone.  I feel like im cheating my daughter because she has no father.  Sometimes I just want a little family too.  Does anyone else feel this way?  Sometimes I wonder if it will always be just the 2 of us.  I love her to death, but i feel like we are both missing out, ya know?

Like to bake?  Join my group!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/28005

by on Dec. 4, 2007 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
marybeth927
by on Dec. 4, 2007 at 12:02 PM
Sometimes.  I will catch myself wondering what will happen when the boys grow up and then I will be all by myself...I don't think I question or wonder if it will always be just us, I just assume that it always will be.  So mostly I wonder what will happen when they leave home.  I always feel the sting around the holidays. 

monkey206969
by on Dec. 4, 2007 at 12:13 PM

I know what you mean thats the holidays for ya.  I would love to have a family with a mom dad and son but mom and son will do just fine.  I love our special bond. Thats all I care about.  Someday I hope to find that special someone.

ph81
by on Dec. 4, 2007 at 12:14 PM

Quoting marybeth927:

Sometimes.  I will catch myself wondering what will happen when the boys grow up and then I will be all by myself...I don't think I question or wonder if it will always be just us, I just assume that it always will be.  So mostly I wonder what will happen when they leave home.  I always feel the sting around the holidays. 

Me too! I don't question if always will be just me and my son and daughter...just always assume it will be!  And I agree too...the holidays always make it feel so much worse!
drinkme8184
by on Dec. 4, 2007 at 12:40 PM
ITs just that im always telling my friends that Im happy to be single, that i wouldnt have it any other way, but i know that i dont really always feel that way.

Like to bake?  Join my group!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/28005

katienjackson
by on Dec. 4, 2007 at 1:03 PM
Totally know what you mean.  My husband and I separated when I was 3 months pregnant, and so I'm just USED to being alone.  For the first year of my son's life, I was just content to have it be just me and him.  I'm proud of being a single mom, and I just resolved myself to the fact that it may forever be just the two of us. 
Now my son is 3 and we have a "family" with my fiance and his 2 boys.  It's great.  So you can't give up hope - the right family is out there somewhere for you!  :)
elvir2babes
by on Dec. 4, 2007 at 1:18 PM
Sometimes I feel like I would like to have a man in my life. But then I worry about how he would treat my kids.
I don't always feel guilty that they don't have a dad around, because he was the asshole who was not good to me and them when I was married to that man. It is better for me to be in NO relationship, then to be in a bad one!
The only thing I feel bad about now, is that my son has no Good male role model, that just stinks.
nina5
by on Dec. 5, 2007 at 2:42 PM
I think we all feel that way some times like when i drop my daughter of in school and i see some of her friend with there dads and moms i get sad but i just ask my daughter to give me a hug then i tell her i love her and when she says it back i now there is hope. Just hang in there i strongly believe that is God brought us to this God will bring us through this.
xemix
by on Dec. 5, 2007 at 3:52 PM
I actually started to resent people in happy marriages there for a bit. I would look at my sister and her husband and the little things like when she speaks to him sometimes she'll put a hand on his back and call him babe or something. I'd just sit there somewhat fuming because they have what I thought I had. Oh well though, you know? It is what it is and we all have those I'm so alone moments. :) I've really come to rely on my daughter's smile and the way she lights up when she sees me especially when I'm having a down day. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)