Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He stole my ring!

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:46 AM
  • 9 Replies
DH and I are getting divorced. It's been amicable so far and he's still looking for a place to live. Today after I get home from work he says he has errands to run. Then asks if I'd be ok with him selling my ring to help pay his deposit for a new place. I said I had to think about it and started tearing up a bit. That made him angry...he said he had paid for it and he was making the decision. He got home and says, by the way I didn't sell your ring today. I said what?? You already have it?? Yup...he took it before I got home. I lost it and then he started yelling at me and we got into a horrible fight. I feel like that was very underhanded and wrong. I already pay most of our bills and I feel like he's being totally selfish.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
StephMarie_Mom
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:01 AM
Wow! That's foul. Does he not know that the proper etiquette is that the engagement ring is given back during a failed engagement. But, that the wedding ring is kept by the ex wife! Smh

Sorry that happened. That's really nasty....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JannaRN99
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:18 AM
I found it, took it back and now he says I'm underhanded. Wtf??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BonneVie
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:42 AM
Don't feel bad. My ex sold got rid of our main house, business, and my car and all me and the kids belongings by getting a judge to agree I was mentally incompetant while hospitalized and very ill.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:43 AM
what an ass I'm sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cpdsptchgrl
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:51 AM
I kept mine and wouldn't give them back when asked but only because I ended up paying for the entire set and the wedding ring was made using my great grandmother's wedding band. Had he paid for the engagement ring himself I would have gladly given it back. God knows I couldn't care less about the ring itself and will never wear it again. Other than him rifling thru your things without your permission I don't see the big deal. Sounds like its time to kick his butt out of the house if he isn't going to stay out of your stuff. That is not acceptable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephMarie_Mom
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Wow! What an ass for both you ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:37 PM

That was totally out of line and underhanded.  You did the right thing by stealing it back.

JannaRN99
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:25 PM
It definitely was the fact he went through my stuff. If he would've discussed it with me I might have worked with him. That's just sneaky and low.

Quoting Cpdsptchgrl:

I kept mine and wouldn't give them back when asked but only because I ended up paying for the entire set and the wedding ring was made using my great grandmother's wedding band. Had he paid for the engagement ring himself I would have gladly given it back. God knows I couldn't care less about the ring itself and will never wear it again. Other than him rifling thru your things without your permission I don't see the big deal. Sounds like its time to kick his butt out of the house if he isn't going to stay out of your stuff. That is not acceptable.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MicahBoo07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:36 PM

If he is like that and u have the place ur at right now then u should tell him to move out sooner because what if he does something worse or steals something else and does sale it? He doesn't sounds very nice and he just wanted a reaction out of u not that he cared anything about u saying yes or no to it since he already had the ring. U should move all the stuff u want to keep out of that place until he moves out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)