Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Naughty boy!!

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:25 PM
  • 3 Replies
My son just turned 10 months old this past Sunday. He's walking now and starting to talk. He's the cutest thing ever....but he's the naughtiest little boy!

Ever since he was 6 months old he's been fighting with me when changing his diaper. He'll twist and turn and fuss and try to crawl away every time. It takes at least five minutes to change a diaper. Sometimes I have to find someone to distract him or give him a toy to stay still.

He's also started the habit of going stiff when it's time to sit in the high chair. He'll cry and fuss and refuse to sit down. He will eventually sit, but he refuses to do it without a fight. Once I get him in he's perfectly fine.

His newest habit is not wanting to sit in his car seat. He will fuss the entire time he's in the car and try to get out.

He also has mini tantrums. They last about 30secs. Example: I pull him away from the dish washer ( which he so dearly loves for some reason) and he has a come apart. Or I take something away from him that he's not allowed to have...he has a melt down.

Is this normal for his age?! ...!!!! He's nuts!! Haha, I love him, but I think I've created a brat.

I've ruled out him being in any sort of discomfort. I've searched for things that could be pinching or poking or too tight. Nothing is there to bother him except that he's being restrained and has to be still. He can cut off the water works in less than a second and be happier than ever.

He knows what no no means and I always stay very calm and I pay no attention to his tantrums. I don't know what else to do.

How do I handle this kind of behavior? Or is this just a stage? I'm a first time mom going at this alone so I need some advice.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Angelicmom24
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Try to distracting him with a positive instead ex rather then saying No to dish washer.bring him/ show him his favorite toy to forget about dishwasher but yes his behavior.sounds like normal testing his.boundaries.behavior.stand ur ground he will move past it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mueller_amanda
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:12 PM
yes very normal. I actually would pick my son up in the middle of a tantrum and put him in his room or crib and shut the door. The first time you do it is the hardest after that he learned that mommy dont tolerate tantrums.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rmkgun
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:27 PM
I've tried distracting him with toys but he swats them away. Sometimes he swats at me when I try to pick him up and remove him from where he's not supposed to be. Little stinker!!

I'm hoping this is just a phase. If this its a sample of the terrible twos I'm in trouble. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)