Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I just have to say...

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:02 AM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

...that I'm feeling better than I have in over a month. I have my life some what under control, and I've stopped blaming myself for my marriage falling apart. I'm looking for new and better jobs, and lil man is finally moving around a lot in my belly.

I've realized that I feel sorry for my husband, because his decision to just walk out means that he will get next to no time with our kids. It's going to be hard, but damn, I'm starting to get excited about what the future might hold for me, my daughter, and my son. I'm 25 and I'm looking at going back to school for my masters. At Thanksgiving, I will have my lil man. I can't think of anything else to be more thankful for. 

For anyone who has given me advice or kind words since I joined the group, thank you. It has meant a world of difference for me. :)

by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
iamfreeatlast
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:39 AM

It sounds like you are heading in the right direction.  Keep that head up and remember you can do this with or without him. 

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:19 AM
My sweet boy is a Thanksgiving baby too. But he's almost 7 now. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I agree with this!

Quoting iamfreeatlast:

It sounds like you are heading in the right direction.  Keep that head up and remember you can do this with or without him. 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 2:36 PM

group hug

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I'm so glad things are starting to look positive.  You are definitely not the only one to blame with regard to the marriage, it takes 2 to make a marriage work.  

I bet you are really looking forward to Thanksgiving with your new little boy and your daughter and to what the next year will bring.  :)

BoggiezMom
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 3:07 PM
I don't know the whole story but I'm glad that you're having a more positive out look
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlrachal1
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Thanks ladies. I wish he would pull his head out of his ass and try to save our marriage, but I'm done with hoping. I still cry, I still miss him, but I can't keep holding on to what he won't even try to save.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:32 AM
that's great to hear!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN