Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Input please!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:54 AM
  • 9 Replies

How old would you say a new baby should be before the non custodial parent can have daytime visits? Overnight visits? My dd is EBF and only 3 wks old and my ex is already starting stuff so I'm curious to know what other people think. I wrote out my parenting plan to where he can get daytime visits from 10-5 on Saturdays starting at 6months w Wednesday visits from 4-6. Overnight visits I put every other weekend from 10 Saturday - 6 Sunday every other weekend w the same Wednesday visit starting at 1 yr old. He has anger issues and already cusses me out when he doesn't get his way and he doesn't really know what to do w a newborn at all. I don't want to be unfair to him but I'm not comfortable sending her w him for a million reasons, including his drinking habits and temper. If it matters I have cuustody of my other two dds, 5 & 3. Their father sees them every other weekend. Any input would be greatly appreciated:)

Mommy to 3 Girls!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
BonneVie
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Hon....if he has anger issues, why would you let him see the baby unsupervised? Hello? Way to send baby to the wolves, lkl. Make him take you to court and let a judge know about his problems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babycakes041903
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:29 AM

He only sees her supervised in my house right now. I don't want her to go with him alone because of his issues. He tells me the reason why he wants her alone is so his GF can bond with her too; no offense but I honestly don't give a poo about her getting to know my baby. The baby isn't relaxed with him; I think she cn feel the neg energy from him. He is very disrespectful towards me and cusses me out at te first "no" I tell him. Kind of like a child who doesn't gt his way. It's very frustrating. I plan on going to the court house today and filing all the paperwork. I just don't really know what to do or what to expect.

Quoting BonneVie:

Hon....if he has anger issues, why would you let him see the baby unsupervised? Hello? Way to send baby to the wolves, lkl. Make him take you to court and let a judge know about his problems.

Mommy to 3 Girls!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Traceyssel
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Where I live, the non-custodial parent cannot get overnight visits until the child is 3yrs old UNLESS the parent has practiced regular parenting & nightime routine with the child in the past.

For day time, it goes by age. i forget what it is at 3 weeks. but indiana (where i live) have a parenting time guide handbook thats says all the legal stuff

andremaleamy2
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:19 PM
2 moms liked this

wow..thats alot...first and formost keep her safety first..if your instints tell you no..then listen...he just wants control and this is not about him..you dont need to rush anything right now she is a baby..you are all she needs..if he was loving and bonding with her that would be different..but this sounds more like him wanting control..the yelling and cursing is his way of having a grown tantrum..dont let him get you weak..dad or not..her best interest is always priortity...good luck

mommynac
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:25 PM

She's too young for overnights. Can you get an attorney? If this guy has anger issues, you don't want to give in and give unsupervised visitation without a fight. Otherwise, he's going to have to really screw up (do something horrible) before you can modify visitation again. Go for supervised through the court.

momlmj
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I definitely think that not only is she way too young to be there for overnight visits, but that if you aren't comfortable then that right there says that he shouldn't be allowed too.  I don't think that any court would ever make it so that you would have to send her for an overnight being that she is so young.  I would absolutely go to court and see what they have to say.  His girlfriend bonding with the baby should hold absolutely no bearing on why he wants to take her for an overnight and if that is the case then he is doing nothing more than pleasing his girlfriend by asking for her overnight!!  If he has an issue with this tell his girlfriend to go and get a babysitting gig with someone elses baby!!  Go with your gut girly!! Best of luck!!

brieri
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:54 AM

I think you know your own answer to the question.

Livinwith3boys
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:57 AM

that is HIS child too....sorry. he has the same rights that you do!

raegan1221
by Raegan on Jul. 14, 2012 at 2:01 AM
From experience, even if there's drinking probs or temper issues..its still hard to get limited visitation. It was for me.

Quoting BonneVie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)