Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Child Support

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:36 AM
  • 34 Replies
Many know Weston's dad just popped back into the picture as of Thursday to sart seeing him.
I've been debating on contacting a lawyer for 5years of back child support owed. Should I do it? Even though he just popped up? I filed when Weston was born. But he hasn't paid a dime and hasn't gotten any consequences for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this

go for it Weston deserves that money

MamasaurusPrime
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:39 AM

It cannot hurt, hun! Go for it. It's for your son.

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

AMV09
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM
2 moms liked this
Your son deserves that money. You don't want his dad thinking he can drop in when he feels like it. That's just wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaJewels2011
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I know you don't want to scare his dad off but I would if I were in your position.

JaQuan_Jayla
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 8:18 AM
Spending time with his dad is priceless, some dad never come, he trying to be in his life. My DS is 4 and I raise him by myself, no child support. But if you are struggle with money than yeah
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BonneVie
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I would. Weston deserves that money. Period. And if his dad cannot mannot up and support his child in every way, he sets no good example for Weston, does he?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aidensmommy92
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:08 AM

I think you should even if you have enough money to be stable now having extra to put back for savings is a really good idea im gonna do that when i get child support

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
CountryBumkinMO
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

So seeing as how many of you think it will be a good idea, I will be contacting the lawyer tomorrow morning... hopefully whoever I speak to will be able to talk to me more about it in person. Fingers crossed!

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Unless you filed for child support 5 years ago and he never paid, you won't get anything from the past 5 years.  Child support is calculated starting on the day that you file for it.

CountryBumkinMO
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Really?

Quoting krisnkids:

Unless you filed for child support 5 years ago and he never paid, you won't get anything from the past 5 years.  Child support is calculated starting on the day that you file for it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN