Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms
Many know Weston's dad just popped back into the picture as of Thursday to sart seeing him.
I've been debating on contacting a lawyer for 5years of back child support owed. Should I do it? Even though he just popped up? I filed when Weston was born. But he hasn't paid a dime and hasn't gotten any consequences for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Replies (31-34):
Sidrosmomma
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:47 AM

It's difficult.  I'm sure you're tempted to think that if he is around Weston that's more important than the money.  But if he just popped into his life, what's to say he's not just guna pop out again.  I'd say file for support.  It's for Weston, not you.  Make sure his father knows that you are filing and why you are filing before you do it.  Catching him off guard with this will just make him defensive.

JaQuan_Jayla
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:43 PM

This is old, but my DS dad was lock up since i was pregnant, still lock up(4 more years)

Quoting Sunshinebee2:

Depends on the dad. And if he was crappy enough to be gone for 5 years he probably is better off

Quoting JaQuan_Jayla:

Spending time with his dad is priceless, some dad never come, he trying to be in his life. My DS is 4 and I raise him by myself, no child support. But if you are struggle with money than yeah

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Do it. 

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:47 PM

You stated that you filed for child support when Weston was born... there for you're entitled for the back pay. I don't know what she's talking about.

Quoting CountryBumkinMO:

Really?

Quoting krisnkids:

Unless you filed for child support 5 years ago and he never paid, you won't get anything from the past 5 years.  Child support is calculated starting on the day that you file for it.

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN