Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just When I Thought It Could'nt Get Any Worse

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2007 at 11:29 PM
  • 11 Replies
Have you ever thought to yourself "at least things couldn't possibly get any worse"?
I thought that then i get copy's of the counter claim today....My ex is counter suing me for divorce.
Claiming gross neglect of duties and extreme cruelty....
Umm HE cheated on ME,HE was mentally and emotionally abusive to ME!
He wants me to pay for everything including his lawyer fees and court costs...
I make min. wage i struggle to support 3 kids.
He claims he cant afford to pay child support but he can afford a 200 dollar an hour lawyer.
Am i the only one that see's something wrong with this?
There's a hearing scheduled for the 13th pray that the judge see's right through him,please.
by on Dec. 4, 2007 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sammysmom4507
by on Dec. 4, 2007 at 11:31 PM
I will keep you in my prayers! How do people like that sleep at night. His attorney included!
Brenda-n-Kaleb
by on Dec. 4, 2007 at 11:33 PM
I wish you luck and hopefully the judge will side with you and not his sorry behind.

Good luck and try not to stress about it let your lawyer do that
elvir2babes
by on Dec. 4, 2007 at 11:39 PM
Hahaha, at your husband, these are his ways of trying to hurt you , through his vindictiveness, and his lawyer's way of making more money by dragging this out a bit! Your husband is too mad to see the legal ploys.
Anyhow, he won't get what he is after, it is ludicrous!! I am still laughing at him!!
melbainmo
by on Dec. 5, 2007 at 10:27 AM

I am laughing at the games of your husband.  Mine did the same crap and even filed for full custody of a child that he denied the first months of his life!  It's just a game that the lawyers play and it won't go anywhere.  They do it to rattle you and scare you.  The judge will see through all the bullshitting and it will be ok.  I'll keep you in my prayers for strength and peace.  If you have an attourney (or maybe even if you don't) he will probably have to end up paying for YOUR stuff.  My x had to pay my court costs and attourney fees.  He thought he was soooo smart and it all backfired in his face!  You both should have to fill out financial forms and prove your income.  Good luck and hang in there.  Don't let them get to you!!!!!

hard_workin_ma
by on Dec. 5, 2007 at 10:42 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you!
jasonandyjamie
by on Dec. 5, 2007 at 12:13 PM
Were we married to the same guy???????  Mine did that after cheating on me, leaving me for the other woman, and accusing me of everything that he did.  Sleazy lawyers are a dime a dozen....and will file anything for a buck!!  Hold your head up and know that you are right!!!  I will keep you in my prayers!!
Mylifemyson
by on Dec. 5, 2007 at 12:19 PM
Trust me................You are in the clear on this case. You will be receiving child support very shortly after all this is over. He's an idiot for going in front of the judge like that. The judge will see that he's not even concerned about the kids and rule in your favor.
Dany_Nelis_Mom
by on Dec. 5, 2007 at 5:10 PM
Claim  in the name of God that it will happen and it will be done. The judge will see tru him. God Bless you and you will be in my prayers
webgodess
by on Dec. 5, 2007 at 6:55 PM

I was told here that it is the courts duty to protect the interests of the children first and foremost.  NOT the adults.  I would imagine its the same in the U.S.....would be ludacris to put the adults first.

I doubt the judge will rule for his claims.  It would put you through financial hardship and subsequently the children if you are the primary caregiver.

Lawyers can say what they want.

:)
ety
by on Dec. 5, 2007 at 7:12 PM
but you wont need it, cuz its goin to be ok.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)