Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Just When I Thought It Could'nt Get Any Worse

Posted by   + Show Post
Have you ever thought to yourself "at least things couldn't possibly get any worse"?
I thought that then i get copy's of the counter claim today....My ex is counter suing me for divorce.
Claiming gross neglect of duties and extreme cruelty....
Umm HE cheated on ME,HE was mentally and emotionally abusive to ME!
He wants me to pay for everything including his lawyer fees and court costs...
I make min. wage i struggle to support 3 kids.
He claims he cant afford to pay child support but he can afford a 200 dollar an hour lawyer.
Am i the only one that see's something wrong with this?
There's a hearing scheduled for the 13th pray that the judge see's right through him,please.
by on Dec. 4, 2007 at 11:29 PM
Replies (11-11):
greenearth12
by on Dec. 6, 2007 at 1:45 PM

Pardon my french ...but uh...wtf?  The guy is nuts....at this point I really dont think I like men that much.

A divorce is a divorce...the end result is that you are no longer binded legally...whether you are suing him or him suing you.

The whole child support idea that he's got is bs.  You have custody, he'll pay.  If he gets a measly job the judge can tell him to get another job...as long as the money is paid.

If he was making better money before (say...he decided to get a lower paying job)....depending on how soon you filed for child support...your attorney can ask the judge to (cant think of the word) but your attorney can ask the judge...assuming you have proof of his previous good income to keep him with the same amount of child support as when he had the good job. 
Basically if a plastic surgeon has children an dhas to pay 900 a month for child support and he goes and gets a job at....'dirty Mikes" and doesnt make enough to pay the 900 that sucks fo rhim...but the judge will still hold him up to the 900 a month.

good luck to you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)