Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

New to the group, relatively new to single motherhood.

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 12:55 PM
  • 27 Replies

Hi, my name's Maggie, I'm 28, and I left my abusive husband (soon to be EX husband, yay!) on 4/1/12.  It has been a very rocky road thus far, and probably will continue to be for some time.  My ex continues to be abusive in every way that he can.  I can't transfer the kids to or from him without meeting in public, because he tried to hurt me again after I left him.  He withholds child support and calls me whore, slut, bitch, etc (he is convinced I left him for another man, which is completely false, and in fact, he has dated several women whereas I have only dated one person, which was brief).

I have two beautiful daughters.  Allison is 4, and Katelyn is 2.  They are my world, and a lot of days, they are what gets me through- I know I have to be strong for them.  Just wanted to introduce myself, and get to know some of you lovely ladies a little better.

by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jul. 17, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Welcome!! Hope things start to calm down soon for you and your girls!! 

sharon_ellisa
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome! Is he abusive to the kids? I think I'd get a court order the visits be supervised for the kids safety.

CopperGirl
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I left my hubby the same day you left yours. Mine was not physically abusive, but definitely emotionally abusive. I have had a much easier time post-split than you have. My kids are 3 and 4yo. Just wanted to say hi, send hugs, and say good for you for getting out. It takes a lot to push us to that point.

owl0210
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats on getting out, I was in an abusive marriage and now I'm divorced. Please be safe and if need be file for a restraining order.

mss119
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Thanks!  I hope so too, lol!

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

Welcome!! Hope things start to calm down soon for you and your girls!! 

mss119
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 2:47 PM

He has never shown any signs of abuse toward the kids.  He has always adored them, he just took out all of his misery on me.  I did talk to my lawyer about it, and she said that unfortunately, the judges in my county are not likely to order supervised visits, since he's never done anything threatening to the kids.

Quoting sharon_ellisa:

Welcome! Is he abusive to the kids? I think I'd get a court order the visits be supervised for the kids safety.

mss119
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Thank you, it's nice to meet someone in a similar boat!  Glad you have had a smoother transition to single parenthood.

Quoting CopperGirl:

I left my hubby the same day you left yours. Mine was not physically abusive, but definitely emotionally abusive. I have had a much easier time post-split than you have. My kids are 3 and 4yo. Just wanted to say hi, send hugs, and say good for you for getting out. It takes a lot to push us to that point.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Quoting mss119:

(he is convinced I left him for another man, which is completely false, and in fact, he has dated several women whereas I have only dated one person, which was brief).

Which is it?
mss119
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Sorry if that was confusing. He thinks I left him for another man. I didn't, but I have dated someone briefly since we separated. He has dated basically as many women as he could, but he still calls me a slut, whore, etc.

Quoting brieri:

Quoting mss119:

(he is convinced I left him for another man, which is completely false, and in fact, he has dated several women whereas I have only dated one person, which was brief).

Which is it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamasaurusPrime
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 7:01 PM

I don't get how you find that confusing. The guy she dated was brief, but was NOT the contributing factor as to why she left him.

Introductions aren't the time to grill members. We're about inviting them, not questioning them.

Quoting brieri:

Quoting mss119:

Which is it?

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)