Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Child support is not paid

Posted by   + Show Post

My x is not paying any child support for the last 10 months and is getting away with it. He has a lien on his property but he is doing a quick sale on it and I have heard that if that is the case, I might not get what he owes in child support, even with the Governments help(state). Is that true? Thanks

I had read before that some lies can be removed if he has no money to pay for it. My lawyer is not doing crap, really, I do not have money for another one. The judge in this case is not doing anything either. First he said he was going to lock him up but now it is different ( I wonder why). The sate already suspended his driver's license but he is still driving out there and no police can catch him doing it. He tells the judge that he doesn't work but he does, every day. I need to catch him at work but the detectives charge an arm and a leg for that and again, I cannot afford it Sad He even stopped paying the child's medical bills, thinking that he is going to get away with it. I don't know what to do any more......please, help

by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Replies (11-20):
StephMarie_Mom
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:18 AM
75,000 in back support! Wow! That is a lot! All I can suggest is going to family court and see if there is assitance they can provide to you at low to no cost. Explain to them the situation, perhaps they can provide clearer and better advice? Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma2aprince86
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:21 AM
what do you mean never blame the the guy for not paying? He has a responsiblity to payno matter what. So if he doesnt pay its what our fault? I know things happen you loose a job you get hurt and you cant work but either way he still needs to pay. Or at least be in contact wih the mom or the lawyer to let them know whats going on. It is super irritating that a guy can run from his responsiblities when he know he has a kid and yet he knows better. Wheb dd's dad lost his green card even though hes still in the US and contacted the case work she still told him he has a responsiblity to pay. Ds's dad is just runnoing he knows he has a kid. But doesnt care i do blame him for not paying i know all to well he is working and buying new clothes and shoes brand name ones for him self. So i do blam him.

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

It's an opIniin. That's the way I read it.

Even so, you just never blame the guy for not paying. A lot of us are in the same boat...

Quoting momma2aprince86:

I dont think she means she is depending on CS. I think she is more or less flustered that she is taking all the responsiblity and he thinks he can get a way with it. I KNOW EXACTLY HOW SHE FEELS! It is flustering to work your ass off to pay medical daycare, clothes, food, much less all the other bills and he isnt doing shit to help. AND YET he is getting a way with it. It does take two to make a baby and he needs to also provide as well. In muy case i didnt see CS for 4 years and with ds i still havent seen it. Hes one and a half. So i know where she is coming from.

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

This may not be what you're looking for but child support is never guaranteed money. You need to have a backup plan for income, and NEVER rely solely on support.

I get that he's supposed to pay your child's medical bills and all that, but you need to do your part too as his caregiver.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:23 AM
How in the world is he behind that much from 10 months of not paying? That's $7500/month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephMarie_Mom
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:31 AM
It is a shit load of money! I was wondering if it was a typo, and she accidentally added an extra zero. I've never known of anyone to get that much.

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

How in the world is he behind that much from 10 months of not paying? That's $7500/month.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Then its his choice not to care.

What do you think you are going to accomplish anyway?

He doesn't care. He hasn't cared. I highly .more court is going to make him care.

Yes the situation sucks, but there is a time too to just cut your losses and walk away.

Your getting yourself all worked over things things you can't control. Things that he doesn't give a damn about.

He is winning by getting you upset and you can't do anything except get upset.

Quoting Ulibka:

His home and business are more than an hour away from me, I am trying to find someone who can do this for me because detectives charge so much in cases like that, I don't have that kind of money. He owes about $75,000 in back child support, people think I should let it go? So that he could laugh in my face. It seams like he bribed everyone!!! He is even driving with a suspended driver's license and doesn't care.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:50 AM
It takes years to get $75000 behind.

I can see him being $7500 behind but not $75000

Quoting StephMarie_Mom:

It is a shit load of money! I was wondering if it was a typo, and she accidentally added an extra zero. I've never known of anyone to get that much.

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephMarie_Mom
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Right. That makes sense. That's why I'm thinking maybe it's a typo?

Quoting happymommy1105:

It takes years to get $75000 behind.

I can see him being $7500 behind but not $75000

Quoting StephMarie_Mom:

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamasaurusPrime
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 12:07 PM
But that's not my point. She's mad because she makes it sound like she can make him pay. If he wants to be an ass and not pay then she needs to work or find a better paying job.

As a single mom myself I NEVER rely on CS to pay MY bills, that is something I need to be proactive on. A lot of women in here would tell you that.

Quoting momma2aprince86:

what do you mean never blame the the guy for not paying? He has a responsiblity to payno matter what. So if he doesnt pay its what our fault? I know things happen you loose a job you get hurt and you cant work but either way he still needs to pay. Or at least be in contact wih the mom or the lawyer to let them know whats going on. It is super irritating that a guy can run from his responsiblities when he know he has a kid and yet he knows better. Wheb dd's dad lost his green card even though hes still in the US and contacted the case work she still told him he has a responsiblity to pay. Ds's dad is just runnoing he knows he has a kid. But doesnt care i do blame him for not paying i know all to well he is working and buying new clothes and shoes brand name ones for him self. So i do blam him.

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

It's an opIniin. That's the way I read it.

Even so, you just never blame the guy for not paying. A lot of us are in the same boat...

Quoting momma2aprince86:

I dont think she means she is depending on CS. I think she is more or less flustered that she is taking all the responsiblity and he thinks he can get a way with it. I KNOW EXACTLY HOW SHE FEELS! It is flustering to work your ass off to pay medical daycare, clothes, food, much less all the other bills and he isnt doing shit to help. AND YET he is getting a way with it. It does take two to make a baby and he needs to also provide as well. In muy case i didnt see CS for 4 years and with ds i still havent seen it. Hes one and a half. So i know where she is coming from.

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

This may not be what you're looking for but child support is never guaranteed money. You need to have a backup plan for income, and NEVER rely solely on support.

I get that he's supposed to pay your child's medical bills and all that, but you need to do your part too as his caregiver.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ulibka
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Ok, here is the clear version of it....He has always been self-employed and hid his income from everyone. We found that out and filed papers in court against him. The judge had told him lots of times to bring hi bank statements and income tax papers and pay but no, he ignored everyone and evrything. He wasn't coming to court dates and the judge, at that time, came up with a decision for him to pay $3,000. And this was in October of 2009, so if you go back to that date and count the time when he only paid $750 a month and then, all of a sudden, he stopped and hasn't paid a sengle penny for the last 10 months, that would bring it to about $75, 000!! I hope it is clear now :) And, I forgot to mention that he is a crook and that he had borrowed from American banks over $15,000,000 and doesn't want to pay that back now, how is that?

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd honestly not go out of my way over it anymore. I'd do what I could to not depend on him. Yes of course notify child support services of any info and let it rack up but if he's this evasive, when you finally start getting it, he will change jobs and it starts over and the only one holding the bag is you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN