Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Need an outsiders opinion!

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 3:39 PM
  • 64 Replies

okay so i'm 19, and ive been really close best friends with a friend of mine since my freshman year of highschool. shes been through EVERYTHING with me, including two heartbreaks and the birth of my child. we are still very close and she loves me and my family to death. i love hers as well. well i met her cousin (who is 26 now) three years ago and we have always been flirtatious with each other. he always joked about how we would get together when i became of age. haha, hes very sweet and has an awesome job! (hes a firefighter) he was there for me through a lot, weather it be helping me with my ex boyfriend or being there when my son was born he was there. (he also lives and works an hour away) well recently for my bestfrineds graduation i threw her a party and he admitted to me after i left that he really wanted to kiss me and now i see that i really have liked him for a while, he has a girlfriend thats he is miserable with and will be breaking things off with. and he came over a week ago and he cheated on her with me. i haven't told my bestfriend yet but she is already assuming considering i drove down to his fire house the other night to hang out with him. i want to tell her soon ( i think i am going to on thursday). He loves children and loves my son and my son loves him! ive never been with an acutal good guy i tend to go for losers and he knows this so i'm nervous on where this might lead. i just want an outsiders opinion on this situation and if its bad to persue this.

by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 4:02 PM
4 moms liked this

Personally I wouldn't pursue anyone currently in a relationship, but I wish you the best of luck.

M_Williams
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I am holding off on talkin to him as much as I was because of that! Im waiting for him to break up with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moltocomeamore
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 4:11 PM
5 moms liked this
Miserable ornot, if he is willing to cheat on her what will make you any different when he isn't happy with you? Not to be mean, but think about it /:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karmajay
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 4:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Thru past experiences, this is not good idea if you plan on developing feelings because if he didnt want to be her, then he wouldnt! Youre just gonna hurt yourself if you continue communication.. Sorry, I know no one wants to hear this kind of advice but i wish someone would have told me this. I have came to learn that men who cheat are liars and mischievous. dont trust him!

M_Williams
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 4:22 PM
I keep hearing this from my aunt it's just hard to listen but y'all are right I should listen thank y'all!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amylulu1
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Once he is no longer dating the other girl, maybe you should pursue it.  There is nothing wrong with casual dating to see if you are compatible.  Good luck!

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Go for it. He sounds like a good guy. He's been after you for awhile now and feelings are mutual. Beware though, he did cheat on his g/f with you. Some people say once a cheater always a cheater. It's not always true (I cheated in my past on guys who cheated on me, I have not had one single inkling of thought to cheat on DF and we've been together for 1 1/2 years strong).

I would still take things slowly though sweetheart.

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 4:33 PM

And I agree with the others.... wait until he's done with the girlfriend.

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
If he will cheat on her with you. He will cheat on you with somebody else.

That's my feelings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trekkiechic
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Well he isn't a good guy if he cheats on his girlfriend. If he is so miserable with her why hasn't he already broken up with her and why are you letting him around your kids when you guys aren't even together yet? Your child is going to get close to him and then things won't work out and then who gets hurt? Also it will make things really weird between you and your friend WHEN this guy cheats on you just like he did to his gf now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN