Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I'm Sad :(

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2007 at 10:33 AM
  • 8 Replies
I have been with this guy for almost two months, he stays the night, i make him dinner, he helps me around the house, and we just have so much fun together! BUT from the very begging it was to only be a sex thing, Well now I'm really liking him and asked him last night if this was always going to be a sex thing, and he told me that he likes things the way they are and hes not ready to be tied down with anyone :( that he wants to be free! I can understand why cuz he just got out of a really bad relationship, but i was up all night crying and I don't know what to do? please help me!!!
by on Dec. 5, 2007 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
hard_workin_ma
by on Dec. 5, 2007 at 10:46 AM

Relationships that are based on sex only in my opinion, never really work out. Someone always gets hurt. Be careful. If you think you're getting to attached then maybe you should let him go.

jadensmommy912
by on Dec. 5, 2007 at 1:01 PM

Quoting hard_workin_ma:

Relationships that are based on sex only in my opinion, never really work out. Someone always gets hurt. Be careful. If you think you're getting to attached then maybe you should let him go.

She's right. Get out now before you invest your heart and it gets broken.

Passion Parties by La Shell
Changing the world one Orgasm at a time!

www.shellstoys.yourpassionconsultant.com
rdeshields
by on Dec. 5, 2007 at 1:09 PM
he was honest with you. so at this point and time if you get hurt you have no one to blame but yourself. at the risk of suffering a broken heart you could hang in there and hope for the best but i would suggest you let it go now. you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink. that is so true. i'm sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear
cpflum
by on Dec. 5, 2007 at 4:15 PM
Thanks girls for all your help, I just had high hopes of changing his mind about wanting to be a free man. because we are having such a good time together, and when we look in to each others eyes I feel this feeling like no other.
ety
by on Dec. 5, 2007 at 8:04 PM
its hard, and yes he was honest but stop doing the girlfriend thing and just sex him if your not going to leave him. but i would leave him because its going to get harder for you and your feelings are going to get stronger 4 him! 
HEY, MAMAS HOWS IT GOING? 
immadismom
by on Dec. 5, 2007 at 9:13 PM
I've just gotten over something similar.  I will say that I definitely got hurt, because he told me the same thing, and as much as I hoped it would change, it never did.  And, now he's with someone else, and although he doesn't claim her to be his girlfriend either, he's giving her a lot more than he ever gave me.  I would say you're best to cut ties now, as hard as it is.  If you need to chat, message me.  I am happy to say that I've been on a few dates with a really nice guy, who is making me see that what I had before is nothing like what I am looking for.  Not sure if this guy is the one, but he's a lot closer than the previous.....  Good luck.

tranquilmom
by on Dec. 5, 2007 at 9:31 PM
I am so sorry you are hurting. I don't have any advice really. I just remember hearing Dr. Phil's wife Robin talk at a Women of Faith conference and she said that she was living with Dr. Phil before they got married. She was tired of waiting for him so she told him that she wanted them to get married or he needed to leave. So after he left for a bit he realized what he lost and asked her to marry him. I think that is how the story goes. She has a great book, maybe you would like to check it out? I really hope things get better for you soon!
tonsofkissesmom
by on Dec. 5, 2007 at 10:09 PM
i agree with them sex relationships are never good for single moms cause we arent able to have sex without having feelings attached. I would break it off i know its easier to say but thoses kind guys are hard to tie down
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)