Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Anybody else

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 2:10 PM
  • 26 Replies
feel like you're never going to find "the one"? I'm so sick of feeling like the only guys who want anything to do with me are jobless, houseless mooches. The one guy I did date that seemes to have potental split when he got to worrying what my dad would think if he slept with "his little girl" (I've known this guy most of my life) so that didn't last long. I know it just takes time but it's hard to feel all alone when everyone around you is happily dating or married. Just wondering if I'm alone in feeling like this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 2:24 PM
I have. It's not you. The losers will hollar at anyone just waiting for Some poor low self esteem chick to fall for it. I was single 16 years. I felt like that earlier on. Later I was comfty with myself and it showed. Then better dudes talked to me and I finally found love.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ozarkdragonfly
by Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 3:08 PM
Wow 16 years? That's a while :/ well if he's worth the wait then I guess I'll just wait lol It just gets frustrating being the only single person in the group. I always end up feeling like the 3rd wheel :(

Quoting faerie75:

I have. It's not you. The losers will hollar at anyone just waiting for Some poor low self esteem chick to fall for it. I was single 16 years. I felt like that earlier on. Later I was comfty with myself and it showed. Then better dudes talked to me and I finally found love.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 3:13 PM

sorry i meant 13!!! yes i left my kids dad at age 22 and didnt meet my bf until i was 35. i DATED, a lot! but nothing ever panned out.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 3:14 PM

also when i was single, i didnt tend to hang with couples. it DOES make you feel like the third wheel when everyone else is cupcaking it up. i kept mostly other single female friends. every once in awhile one would pair off and sometimes it lasted and sometiems it didnt.

ozarkdragonfly
by Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Well 13 is a little more encouraging than 16 lol I'm glad to know that the feeling isn't just me though. That makes me feel a bit better.

Quoting faerie75:

also when i was single, i didnt tend to hang with couples. it DOES make you feel like the third wheel when everyone else is cupcaking it up. i kept mostly other single female friends. every once in awhile one would pair off and sometimes it lasted and sometiems it didnt.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MicahBoo07
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 5:10 PM

I feel like that and I always joke i'll just start doing what guys do and think like em.

ozarkdragonfly
by Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Lol sounds good but I don't think I could act like any of the guys I know. I need to meet new people lol

Quoting MicahBoo07:

I feel like that and I always joke i'll just start doing what guys do and think like em.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MicahBoo07
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this

lol yeah when I get down I just look at my kids and they remind me why I keep going each day so no time to get lonely. Will be an exciting day when marriage comes.

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 7:45 PM
I feel like that. I have been a single mom since pregnancy really so if you count that part it's been 5 1/2 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ozarkdragonfly
by Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 9:21 PM
I've only been at it a year. Sometimes I wonder if I can do it but then I remember that I was before I left my ex anyway, he wasn't an active participant in a relationship, he was a dictator. He also hadn't worked in 6 years so I was pretty much doing the financial part, just paying for him and his son too lol

Quoting MeeshMom:

I feel like that. I have been a single mom since pregnancy really so if you count that part it's been 5 1/2 years.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)