Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

On top of not doing her job, she's stealing!

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 8:05 PM
  • 11 Replies
I am on disability because of severe back and leg issues that prevent me from being able to do a lot of housekeeping so the state pays for an aide to come in and help me 3x a week, I "hired" a friend who I thought I could trust, but she has only been coming 2x a month ( if that!) I have now discovered the she has been stealing food from my house! WTF!!! She has 3 kids ( I have 2) her mom lives with her, she gets $586 in food stamps, her mom gets $200 that's $786 to feed 5 people, I get $287 for 3 but she steals from me when I'm struggling as it is. I wondered why I could not find things that I knew I bought!
I need to fire her but 2 things, she has a key to my house and 2 both her and her sister are fighters. Their answer to everything is to fist fight (she has also been known to use a weapon).
I need advice on how I can get my key back without having to take the chance of her breaking ( using the key) in and trying to fight me while my kids and I are sleeping! I can't believe she would do this shit! I took. Oth her and her sister in after the got put out of their parents house and this is the thanks I get!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LA09TKP
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 8:14 PM
2 moms liked this
Change the locks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Change the locks. Or you ask a trusted friend or male family member to come over and be there when you tell her to give you the key and that you no longer need her help.

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Yes I would just get the locks changed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmom121812
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Call the police explain your situation. They will explain your rights.They can even be at your house for when she comes over (so don't fire her yet make arrangements for her to "come to work" when she shows up get the key (when cops are there) and tell her she fired.
So if do that she comes over you set here up doing something like dishes. Then call the cops(talk to them before this to make sure they will come). They will arrive and then you get the key and fire her the cops will explain she isnt to come around you.
GOODLUCK
Chrissy208
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I say get a new lock so she doesn't know and so you guys can be safe. She's psycho!

Momof2angels88
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:14 AM
I thought about telling her that I lost my key and need hers to make a copy then tell her after she leaves that she is fired. But like I said both her and her sister are fighters. And I don't need the drama. We were friends for many years ( since I was 16, I'm 40 now) so I know the dumb stuff they do If someone pisses them off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MicheleJM
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I would change the locks anyway in case she made a copy.

Quoting VintageWife:

Change the locks. Or you ask a trusted friend or male family member to come over and be there when you tell her to give you the key and that you no longer need her help.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meg_the_Mermaid
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Change the locks...and also, stop hanging out with people who are ghetto and like to fight! Just don't be around people like that. You can do better...you and your kids deserve to be around better people who are not fighters or dishonest. I'd rather have NO friends than to have "friends" who steal and fight and use weapons and stuff like that. Distance yourself from people like that. 

tabetha_w
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 4:28 PM
Why would she want to fight u if u ask for the key back and tell her she is fired? She knew she would get fired if she didn't come to work when she is sappost to. But yeah get ur locks changed cause even if she gives ur key back she could have made doubles
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof2angels88
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 3:08 PM
She fights over stupid stuff. She knows she's wrong but she denies stealing and says that they are not giving her the hours she needs but she gets 25 per month and only comes 6 ( if I'm lucky)!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)