Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Custody battle at 7 weeks old smh

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:22 AM
  • 8 Replies
A Brief background my ex and I were together 5 years when I found out I was pregnant he was happy and wanted to move the wedding up before the baby was born and then at 18 weeks he left me for his boss at work when I was about 26 weeks pregnant he married her and the day of my baby shower I found out she was pregnant. He cheated on her twice with me  before I knew they were married... He stop contacting me and wanted nothing to do with me.. When I went in labor I call him like a dumb ass and let him be there for the birth of his first child and first daughter he kept saying if I changed things could of been different and was touching me inappropriate while at the hospital... He got mad I have the baby my last night be he did not deserve the have his name be Carried on.. When the baby was 6 days old he had me served with custody papers.. I made efforts for him to see the baby he never made any efforts to come to my house I always had to go to his mothers house or his aunts house... He for some reason he really wants his wife to see the baby and fights with me all the time about it... Right now he get to see the baby 3 days a week 1 hours for 2 days and 1.5 hours for his third day... I wanna move out of state close to where I have more support and I don't know if the court will let me? We go back to court in oct. If anyone knows what they can do please let me know..  
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Shaybay218
by Shayla on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:43 AM

When u go to court tell them why u need to move...you never said he couldnt see him right???

mommaJewels2011
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 2:51 AM
Is he on the birth certificate?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dng624
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:53 AM
Yes he's on it
rae021
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 7:07 AM
Aww man that's the worst. My dd is 2 and bd wants his gf around, he doesn't he know dd so I know how u feel. But ur dd is Sooo little. I'm so sorry. I am looking to move too. I have to file for relocation thru the crt hopefully they won't deny me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dng624
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:13 AM
So there is paperwork you have to file?
KayLundy3
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this
You'll have to call a lawyer and see.. you can ask for advice for free.. I'm unsure if you can move if he's had you served though... I highly doubt he will get custody of your little one... Ugh it pisses me off that he's even trying... Check into it.... I'm hoping everything goes well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:15 AM
I'd contact a lawyer and see what your state laws are. very doubtful they would consider any kind of custody until 2 but he can petition for you not to leave the state or that you will have to provide the transportation to him to see her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Refurbished
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Don't move in the middle of a custody battle.  That's a good way to lose custody.  You can ask the court to allow you to move.  Just make sure that you don't go into court telling them that you want to move in order to take the child away from him.  Tell them all the advantages you will have, family support, a job lined up, etc., and explain what type of visitation you would provide once you are there.  One way or another, he's going to get visitation.  The court will want to see you facilitating that. However, if you are breastfeeding, it will be limited at least for the first year.

I'm sorry you are going through this.  It sounds like he really made a mess of everyone's life. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)