Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

single moms are stronger women then moms that are with their childrens father

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:27 PM
  • 79 Replies
I certainly think so

do u agree
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsEmma88
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:30 PM
13 moms liked this
Nope. It's a case by case basis I've seen weak women and strong women on both sides. It's what you do that makes you strong not your marital status.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kngarber
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:31 PM
6 moms liked this

I disagree.  Every person is different.  Every person has different battles.  Married or not life can be so hard.

bluebunbun
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Exactly! 

Quoting MsEmma88:

Nope. It's a case by case basis I've seen weak women and strong women on both sides. It's what you do that makes you strong not your marital status.

1stpreggers
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:33 PM
I agree
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singletiredmom
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:34 PM
No no no no noooooo... Every woman has their own difficulties. Just because a mom is single doesn't make her stronger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:34 PM
6 moms liked this

Sometimes. Depending on the situation. Single moms have to be mom and dad yes, pick up slack sometimes where the dad doesn't if he's 100% not around. Being a single mom, you know he's never coming back. You can move on faster, yeah, your heart is bruised, but he can heal.

But honestly, I think Military mom's have it worse. Dad is there, then he gets assigned to leave for x amount of months and may not come home, not because he doesn't want to, but because he can't because he's dead. I think that is worse. They have to be strong for the kids while the dad's are gone on missions in hopes that the worse doesn't occur.

And if you're in an abused relationship It's hard. Trying to protect the kids but fearing for their life and yours, not knowing when it's safe to run or stay, not being able to say a damn thing to anyone because if you peep a single word your beaten and bruised worse than you were for just dropping a plate while washing it and slipping out of your hand. If you've never been in an abused relationship, it's hard to understand what happens in one.

raegan1221
by Raegan on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:35 PM

I think it just depends on the person. A lot of women who are married to their childrens father may not see the father very much because of work or other things. My sister does it pretty much alone with her two kids..Her husband works a lot.

1battymom84
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have to agree with the others. That it all depends on the person and the situation.  I have seen strong and week on both sides.  Life is never easy and is always a battle. 

LuLuThatsWho
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:37 PM
4 moms liked this

Not necessarily.  I've known some pretty bad single moms, and I've known some pretty amazing married women.

I find it very ignorant to imply that a woman being able to maintain a relationship with her children and a relationship with her spouse and take care of everyone makes her weaker than a woman who picks a poor mate or gives up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)