Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

paternity testing

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2007 at 6:20 PM
  • 11 Replies
Who has had it?  How do they do it? 

Like to bake?  Join my group!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/28005

by on Dec. 5, 2007 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemyfatboy
by on Dec. 5, 2007 at 6:30 PM
I'm still waiting to do it but when i called places a couple said they just put something in your mouth babys and the dads (like when they do the mouth drug test) then they call or send u the results oh and it doesn't hurt. And  think some do it by taking your blood!

THAS MY BEAUTIFUL SON... 

ALSO ON  MYSPACE www.myspace.com/keashababy

drinkme8184
by on Dec. 5, 2007 at 6:31 PM

Quoting lovemyfatboy:

I'm still waiting to do it but when i called places a couple said they just put something in your mouth babys and the dads (like when they do the mouth drug test) then they call or send u the results oh and it doesn't hurt. And  think some do it by taking your blood!

thats what im afraid of.  I dont want to do it by blood. lol not htat i have a choice

Like to bake?  Join my group!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/28005

mommabugg
by on Dec. 5, 2007 at 6:34 PM
Depends on who is doing the testing, now they mainly use the swap in the cheek and very painless. Hey you're not the one who has to get stuck, my daughter had to do the blood test and she has bad veins. It was horrible!

Good luck.

Em

leahrosesmom
by on Dec. 5, 2007 at 7:09 PM
We had court ordered testing done, and it was by a swab in the cheek.  My daughter was almst 3 at that time, and she hardly lets me get near her mouth, but she opened wide for the nurse without any problems.  Mine was done too.  The test results came back by mail.  That was in  Florida.  The father had to go to a lab in North Georgia for his testing since that was where he lived.

Karen - Leah Rose's Mom
Georgia Angel - A Southern Aries Woman
 Georgia Angel's Blog - A Southern Aries Woman  Heart of the Holidays Blog

krisiebabe78
by on Dec. 5, 2007 at 7:19 PM

We had it done in September. They just swabbed our cheeks with 2 swabs each both mine and Ruby's she was 11 mos old at the time.

LavenderUnicorn
by on Dec. 5, 2007 at 11:37 PM
When my son had it done several years ago it was a cheek swab. I forget how long it took for the results.. a few weeks I think.  Wasn't a big deal.
kmrn98
by New Member on Dec. 6, 2007 at 12:04 AM
my soon to be ex husband had to be ruled out as her father, so we had paternity testing done when she was a month old.  Just cheek swabs, no big deal.  The test results were in within a few weeks

Kathy

tanyaturtle
by on Dec. 6, 2007 at 12:09 AM
my son was 5 months old when we got it done... we both had the insides of our cheeks swabbed, it was pretty quick. and we had to take pictures too. the sperm donor was there too but he did his separate, i'm sure he had to do the same thing.  and by the time we had court the next month the results were already in, so i'm guessing it doesn't take too long.
SingleMom3906
by on Dec. 6, 2007 at 12:13 AM
My daughter and i had it done when she was a month old. Just a cheeck swab and the results took two weeks. No big deal except it cost $600 for two test on two guys but i didnt pay for it!!

LaNisa
by on Dec. 6, 2007 at 12:16 AM
Yeah they just swab the mouth with a qtip its painless it takes 2-4 weeks some areas get back in 3-5 business days. They may draw blood if he has requested a blood test vs swab.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)