Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Dating with a newborn

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 9:15 AM
  • 32 Replies
Do you think its ok for a woman to start dating lets say when her baby is 6 weeks old? Ive been split from my ex for about 6 months and was wondering when its appropriate to start seeing whats out there. By no means am I looking for a relationship, just bored and lonely I guess. The sperm donor is not in the picture and I take care of my son by myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Aug. 1, 2012 at 9:22 AM
Do what you feel is best for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Aug. 1, 2012 at 9:33 AM
2 moms liked this
do what you feel is best. imo focus on your child this is time you wont get back
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Proudmommyof222
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 10:51 AM
My child is a month old though his dad is in the picture we broke up 7 months ago and I dont think its wrong to start dating only if you can juggle motherhood and the dating life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 10:52 AM
3 moms liked this

Welcome to the group.  I see nothing wrong with it.  I started dating when my oldest was about 6 weeks.  Just be careful about who you bring around your baby. 

lovethelake
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I totally get it. I am going ti alone through my pregnancy, and know I will be ready soon after my baby is born.

staceymcmicheal
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 11:04 AM
2 moms liked this
Just be careful about who you introduce to your baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chendren1
by Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 11:06 AM
I say go for it if you feel you are ready. With that said I am also going to say be carefull who you bring around your child. Try to keep the two seperate untill you find someone you know is a keeper. Ive learned this one from experience.. I am a single mom of three and went through this. Pm me if you want..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

it's a comfort thing.  

when i was a new mom- i was not ready to date.  i was focused on my child, work and school.  i had enough other stuff going on to worry with dating.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 12:51 PM
8 moms liked this
It's for when you are ready however I don't think pregnancy nor the first few months post pardum is an appropriate time, NOT for appearances but because you are hormonal, vulnerable and you have a newb that needs all your extra time.

Not to mention, let's be honest here, most men that would date a pregnant/mom with a newb are usually looking for someone vulnerable and men who look for vulnerable women don't usually have good intentions. They tend to be the controlling and asshole type after sweeping you off your feet cuz "what a real man, taking in. Another mans child" honey, no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 12:56 PM
2 moms liked this
I guess its what you feel is right. Took me 5 yrs. I think I needed to concentrate on the kids and myself...and not a relationship. And I definatly wouldn't let a man around a newborn... I would wait a long time for that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN