Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How long have you been a single mom?

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:54 PM
  • 148 Replies

My son is only 13 months old and we just left his father 4 months ago (though before you'd never know that I wasn't a single mom.)  I'm still getting used to this idea.  I rely on my mom heavily for help and for advice, but I think I'll get used to it eventually.  How long have you been single?  (Like really single.  No significant other...)

by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ta2dirishlass
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Since February 13, 2007. It's always just been us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:58 PM
I'm no longer single but I was for 13 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NotAsPlanned
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:58 PM
About a month, granted my daughter is only 10 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LA09TKP
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:00 PM
About 3 yrs. no relationship was serious enough for them to be considered a significant other in that time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:08 PM
2 moms liked this

I've been single since last August.  Actually, I have been single (seems like) since 2007.  My ex worked a part-time job and was gone 80 hours/week from 2007-2008.  He went active duty Jan. 2009 and was active duty until 2010.  Then he moved to another military unit and became deployed to Kuwait in August of 2011.  From the summer of 2008 - August of 2011 he's been having an affair with a co-worker.  He kept up a relationship with me the entire time he was having an affair.  So, bascially, I've been 'single' for many years.  I barely saw my ex the year he worked 80 hours.  I should have divorced him back in 2007 when our marriage went from bad to worse because of his need to have two deadend jobs.  I'm still single.  Not dating and really have no interest in men (yet). 

Kid_Cat_Mom2005
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:19 PM

I have been a single mom since my son was born 6 years ago

kjsaes
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:20 PM
6 years but have a SO but we do not live together
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmomma232010
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

this is my 2nd day being single and im glad my parents are here but they are leaving in the next day or so and i dont know how i am going to deal with being the house with just me and my son

skittles11
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:54 PM
4 moms liked this

5 years.  it is overwhelming at first.  You suddenly find yourself as the homemaker, the breadwinner, and both roles of mom and dad.  It's alot to take in all at once but as soon as you let your worries of "can I really do this alone'  go it becomes a little easier. You find strength in yourself that you never knew you had.  Besides, you're never truly alone.  Your family will always be there with support and comfort to push you through the darkness and into the light.  5 years I've been a single mom without any help from their father.  I have my days when I just want to hide...but my mom is a phone call away and knowing she is there to listen makes all the difference in the world.  Anyway, good luck and keep your head up. :)

newbie1198
by Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 4:08 PM
2 moms liked this

Your reply gives me hope for the future.

Quoting faerie75:

I'm no longer single but I was for 13 years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)