Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Pinching your own kid

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 2:42 AM
  • 81 Replies

Bd has been in my son's life for a couple months now just doing supervised visits with me. My son has been acting out badly lately. I let him take my son to the pool in my complex today without me while I did homework. When they came back my son was all mad and said Dad pinched me! I know bd has done this before and I try to deflect him and direct him to try reasonable discipline methods. My son had a little bruise where he was pinched. While my son was on time-out in his room for another reason, I had a talk with bd about the pinching. I said I don't like this because it leaves a mark and it is considered abuse. If he acts out to an extreme we can spank his rear end but nothing more than that. And spankings should not be a regular occurence, only when he does something that is dangerous. Time outs and taking things away are best. Bd seemed to agree with me about the pinching when I mentioned it is considered child abuse. I hope he is open here with me and that we can discipline and parent together. He so far is getting along with me great other than that. I think I nipped that one thank God.

by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 2:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
My2boys0523
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 12:11 PM
3 moms liked this

In the car if the boys are fighting and screaming ( I CANNOT tolerate that WHATSOEVER) I will reach back and give them a lil pinch on their leg, but it has never left them a bruise! I'm glad you got that taken care of, and I'm probably gonna be bashed for my lil comment but so be it; for the record, I know I'm a good mom, I'm not abusing my kids, I'm just trying to avoid getting in an accident.

lillady398
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 12:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I think leaving a bruise after pinching means a person has reached their limits and used excessive force. Im glad you stepped in to hopefully make sure that doesnt happen again.

iamfreeatlast
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I have pinched mine when they have pinched me to show them how it felt and they didn't do it again.  Other then that we didn't.  To pinch so hard to leave a bruise I don't think it should be but not sure I would say it is abuse.  At least you guys are able to agree on punishments for ya'lls  kid. 

NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh yeah...especially in the store when hey want to act up and I can't outright spank...or in the car too...I will give a pinch on the leg. Never left a bruise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Aug. 6, 2012 at 1:12 PM
i agree

Quoting lillady398:

I think leaving a bruise after pinching means a person has reached their limits and used excessive force. Im glad you stepped in to hopefully make sure that doesnt happen again.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iluvmybabe
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 1:35 PM
me too

Quoting NananRaysmom:

Oh yeah...especially in the store when hey want to act up and I can't outright spank...or in the car too...I will give a pinch on the leg. Never left a bruise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

im glad that went well and there was no defensiveness!

Smartsicles
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 2:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Are you serious???? What the hell is so difficult about stopping your vehicle and talking to them instead of abusing them?!?!??? No child should ever have to be pinched as a discipline, let alone slap them or hit them anywhere on their body! SICK!!!! And don't play the single mom card. You're lucky DCFS doesn't go after you! 

Quoting My2boys0523:

In the car if the boys are fighting and screaming ( I CANNOT tolerate that WHATSOEVER) I will reach back and give them a lil pinch on their leg, but it has never left them a bruise! I'm glad you got that taken care of, and I'm probably gonna be bashed for my lil comment but so be it; for the record, I know I'm a good mom, I'm not abusing my kids, I'm just trying to avoid getting in an accident.

lnrmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 2:03 PM
3 moms liked this

What is wrong with you? When my kid is acting up hell yeah I'm gonna do something, a "talk" isn't going to do it all the time. Ever heard "spare the rod, spoil the child" it's true.

Get a clue and quit bashing people because they discipline differently than you. It's not cute.

Quoting Smartsicles:

Are you serious???? What the hell is so difficult about stopping your vehicle and talking to them instead of abusing them?!?!??? No child should ever have to be pinched as a discipline, let alone slap them or hit them anywhere on their body! SICK!!!! And don't play the single mom card. You're lucky DCFS doesn't go after you! 

Quoting My2boys0523:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)