Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate sterotypes! VENT

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:38 AM
  • 8 Replies

ya know what I am so sick of ppl asking if I left  PA and my daughters father because I just did not want him being around and was being selfish and thought I was doing the best for my daughter becasue I wanted her all to myself and then I get statistics that children without a father are 90 percent  more likely to be pregnant into drugs or in jail than children with a mother and a father! ya know what  they shut their mouths when I tell them that he pulled a loaded .22 on me during a fight, dropped my 3 day old daughter because he was to high to see straight (my sister caught her) and was an over all jerk since he found out i was having a girl and not aboy then they shut up!

Life is not about riding through the storms, its about learning how to dance in the rain.

dancingumbrella

by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LA09TKP
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Same situation with my daughters father, but he turned out to be a serial rapist...soo....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sobroke
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:07 PM

yep, i did the same thing, my bd cumpulsive liar, thief, and drug manufacturer/dealer/junkie

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:08 PM

I'm sorry.  I hate ignorant people too.

MommyAJ2921
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Wow...so sorry you to deal with the ignorance. UBER glad you and your daughter are safe!hugs

mommynac
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Glad you and your dd are safe. As them where they are getting their statistics. That usually ends the conversation pretty quickly.

ms-superwoman
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Just ignore that shit! Ugh people are so ignorant. 

cdjd23
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 3:39 PM

You know that your actions were to protect yourself and your daughter, don't let people who don't know the truth get you down. One thing can look good on paper but until you are in that situation yourself you never know what you will do.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Heard it all too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)