Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

sister more mad then bro in law

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:26 PM
  • 19 Replies
So today is my papa bears bday (baby nephew) he turns 4 he is the baby I took care of when he was 3 months old well on facebook my sis posted that she wasn't gonna have anymore for a birthday cake or anything. Well I went over to her house n knocked no one opend so me n my dad took it upon ourselfs to do a bday party for him with cake spiderman ofcourse and burgers his fav. I texted bro in law n he called to say thank you and how much he appriciated it since these couple of months we have had our ups and downs. Well 20 min later sister calls all mad saying that its bullshit am doing this that's its her son not mine. Am just trying to be nice and set our differences apart so I told her to suck it and he was having abday party she liked it or not I already had my bro in laws ok she called my dad saying I was belittleing her and my dad told her to stop it because this wasn't about her or me it was about papa bear am just hoping she don't ruin his bday party. Sorry for the words and do u ladies think I did bad?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MyBabies86
by Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:29 PM
I think you did fine may I ask why she didn't want to have him a party?you knowing your sister do u think she would mess it up?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bibliophile440
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Eehh, I don't know. Part of me is thinking, "her kid, her choice." While another part of me wants the kid to have a party. From my own perspective, we did not have a b-day party for ds last year. His dad and I had recently split and things were tense. I was broke and since it was an August birthday, I knew most of his friends couldn't come. He was fine. We celebrated just the two of us, no big party or anything I just made the day special for him. He liked it enough that he asked to do some of the things again this year. I would have been pissed if someone stepped in and organized something without asking me first. You should try to explain that you didn't mean to overstep, you were just trying to help. Don't do anything until you and your sis talk.

amylee88
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:18 PM
No party cuz no money and honestly right now I don't mind helping her out with a birthday party its not really a huge party just a cake burgers and me mom dad her n hubby n her 4 kids and knowing her yes but I just want him to have something since his older 2 siblings had a huge birthday party with bouncy castle and clown

Quoting MyBabies86:

I think you did fine may I ask why she didn't want to have him a party?you knowing your sister do u think she would mess it up?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amylee88
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Yeah I tried talking to her but she's been yelling so I just left it at that my dad n bro in law said to continue with it she will have to suck it up. I just felt really bad since his older brothers got huge party n he wasn't gonna get anything not even a cake I think she thinks am gonna ask her for some money or something but I am not and I already told her that am not asking anything from her I just want him happy

Quoting bibliophile440:

Eehh, I don't know. Part of me is thinking, "her kid, her choice." While another part of me wants the kid to have a party. From my own perspective, we did not have a b-day party for ds last year. His dad and I had recently split and things were tense. I was broke and since it was an August birthday, I knew most of his friends couldn't come. He was fine. We celebrated just the two of us, no big party or anything I just made the day special for him. He liked it enough that he asked to do some of the things again this year. I would have been pissed if someone stepped in and organized something without asking me first. You should try to explain that you didn't mean to overstep, you were just trying to help. Don't do anything until you and your sis talk.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chanel5nyc
by Shanell on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this
She feels like a bad mother right now and you offering to spend your money for a birthday party for her son, probably makes her feel like shit. If she doesn't want to throw him a party, then it's her choice. He is only 4. Will he truly remember it 20 years later? Maybe she has something else planned for his birthday like taking him to the park or cooking his favorite meal and watching his favorite movie at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chanel5nyc
by Shanell on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:26 PM
Because you didn't ask her. You and your dad took it upon yourself to throw him a party without asking her. I would be pissed off too.

Quoting amylee88:

Yeah I tried talking to her but she's been yelling so I just left it at that my dad n bro in law said to continue with it she will have to suck it up. I just felt really bad since his older brothers got huge party n he wasn't gonna get anything not even a cake I think she thinks am gonna ask her for some money or something but I am not and I already told her that am not asking anything from her I just want him happy

Quoting bibliophile440:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyBabies86
by Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh yea then most def I can see where u are coming from...you don't want him to feel left out or different from the other 2 siblings...both my sister's got their sweet 16's and I didn't...I know that's a little different but I cried and felt like shit because my mother did that...she's just gonna have to be mad...I would be appreciative that's just me thou...

Quoting amylee88:

No party cuz no money and honestly right now I don't mind helping her out with a birthday party its not really a huge party just a cake burgers and me mom dad her n hubby n her 4 kids and knowing her yes but I just want him to have something since his older 2 siblings had a huge birthday party with bouncy castle and clown

Quoting MyBabies86:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaraSnider
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I like your intention but hate how you did it. My mom ALWAYS helped my aunt but she would take her and let her pick things out and put it together out of respect. I remember my mom and aunt always going after thanksgiving shopping together but didnt know my mom was buying her kids and my aunts kids christmas. Only people that knew my mom was doing it was MY MOM AND HER SISTER! I know now because im an adult and am allowed into convos about the past.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lnrmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Your heart is/was in the right place, but I'd be PISSED. I don't do big parties for my kids except for "big" birthdays. And 4 was not one of them. Shoulda got the ok from her first and asked her to plan it while you pick up the check, if it were about money. Maybe he was being a BRAT and she decided that he wasn't getting a party because he didn't know how to act. You don't know.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:49 PM

No, I see no wrong in what you are dong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)