Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

WARNING: Plenty Of Fish dating site

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:46 PM
  • 18 Replies
2 moms liked this
If you or anyone you know is using this site, please tell them to keep an eye out for any one who contacts them and starts asking questions about their children. The first time I was contacted by a user who raised suspicion, he portrayed himself as a single father with a pre-teen daughter. After the initial introductions he started talking about how he had gotten a call from the school saying his daughter was acting up in class. He then started asking for advice on disciplining her. I though it strange so I told him I was not comfortable telling him how to discipline his child. He pressed me further asking how I disciplined my children. If I spanked them? And if I did was it with or without clothing and what did I say while doing it? After receiving those questions, I knew my instinct was correct and proceeded to block him and report him to the site.
Today I received another message from a different user (different profile). This time he moved much quicker with the questions, asking if he could ask a question about my childhood and before I could respond another message came through asking me how many children I have.
I immediately told him not to contact me again, blocked and reported him again.

Unfortunately there is no way for me to post a warning to women on that site so I am spreading the word the best way I know how.
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Smartsicles
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:50 PM

That's scary. I think you get all kinds of weirdos with free sites like that. If I were going to use a site, I would use a well known site that you have to pay for. It seems like the creeps want free anyway.

burgqueen
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Wow that's really creepy!  Thanks for the warning!

You don't have any pics of your children on there do you?  No offense but if you do I would take them off quickly!

merika2324
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Quoting burgqueen:

Wow that's really creepy!  Thanks for the warning!

You don't have any pics of your children on there do you?  No offense but if you do I would take them off quickly!

Absolutely not! In the area where they ask if you have children, it only says that I do. No other info.
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:07 PM

There are always weirdos on those sites. You just have to read the red flags. No posting pics of your kids or their ages. I'd put that I had kids but thats it.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Thank you for sharing how creepy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:36 AM
Yikes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deltathree
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:39 AM

horrible!

JakesMom712
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:42 AM
I had an experience like that. Different site tho. I saved all the emails and forwarded them to the fbi
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newfound09
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Happens everywhere. Block and move on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mhaney03
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

You don't realize how creepy people are until you try dating again.... I tried for a few weeks then was like "DONE!" and got off all those site.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)