Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms
idk how this happened i had so many so called friends i guess n now i have no 1. I try to invite my 1 friend but she always has n excuse. I need to find some nu friends?! Where? ! Im
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
momof2toeheads
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:42 PM
I'm in the same boat. I am guilty of "monofriending" so now that my BFF is all up in her new SO I have no one to hang with. It would be awesome to meet a friend with kids the same age. I tried looking for moms clubs but they all seem to be for babies and toddlers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terbear328
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:53 PM

That's so true Mhaney03.

Quoting mhaney03:

I find as I change and grow, so does my friends list.  It happens, and you'll find some new people for the new chapter in your life.

Mahagony Diva

momof2toeheads
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:03 PM
JiI hope so. It's kinda scary cause I used to have so many. After getting married and having kids and moving in different areas of town you grow apart. Then getting divorced you find other single moms at work or church and hang with them. Then they find SO's and don't wanna hang anymore. It fluctuates for sure but during down time I find myself wondering if I'm a bad friend and thats why they disappear lol I don't do well with free time alone lol

Quoting terbear328:

That's so true Mhaney03.

Quoting mhaney03:

I find as I change and grow, so does my friends list.  It happens, and you'll find some new people for the new chapter in your life.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:27 PM

group hug

Yes_maam
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SharonHernandez:

I can be your friend :)

Did someone say they need a friend i'll be good good friendhappy

Loving Mom Of Two

micka5
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 6:29 PM

welcome to the club

cdjd23
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Try finding play groups in your area or taking mommy and me classes, both are good ways to meet other mothers. Is there something you really enjoy outside of being a mom? Try and find a group or class for that so you can meet people outside of your mom duties.

GBKZmommy
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Thank u all for responding. U r all rite if dey cared more bout being a good mom or a friend dy Wut still be in our life. .... Where do u all live?
I liv in Illinois. ...
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:05 PM

*HUGS* and welcome to the group!

georgiamom112
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:30 AM
I understand completely. I feel like its hard for me to make friends with moms of my kids' friends. It has been so difficult to break into their circle. Once I had children a lot of "friends" fell off which was disappointing at first but I got over it since I'm so engrossed in my kids lives. I found it harder to connect with other women bcz everyone's schedule is crazy. But now once I started doing small things like focusing on myself ( going to gym, gettn bk in school) it's been far easier to create bonds with ppl who have similar interests. So that's what I suggest to you. It's hard at first to schedule time but you have to know your worth it. And remember its quality over quantity when it comes to friends : )
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)