Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Listen up

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:54 PM
  • 12 Replies
I'm a single mom and I have server issues with the father of my child ,he feels if I can't be with him then he will not tend to his child who by the way is very innocent and has no idea on what's going on. It hurts me cause I don't understand why it has to be this way but it is. Why did he totally abandon our child is my question to you guys ? I feel is though it's his new girl friend who is making these decisions for him and it's sad :(
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:56 PM
You gotta let it go them. You can't force him to be a dad. He will be the one hurting. You just brush off and keep moving forward.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PaperClip811
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:19 PM
There is no explanation other than selfishness. And nothing you can do, except be the best parent you're able. Nothing will make him step up except his own conscience.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessi2girls
by Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

You said it yourself, if he can't have you and her together, (basically everything his way).. he's not going to put in the effort..

Is it annoy? Yes.. Does it piss you off? sure... but bottomline, he's a selfish jerk, and you really need to suck it up, and  try to focus on moving forward without him.. for you and your childs sake.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Hi and welcome to the group. 

Cannot answer your question why he abondened your child.  Maybe talk to a therepist about it.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Welcome.

It's too bad the father feels that way, but you can't force him to be there for the baby.  (((hug)))

Sidrosmomma
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Sounds like he's just not mature enough yet.  His loss!  You get to stay around with your son and you get to see all his accomplishments, and you get to share all each others love.  Too bad for the father, he wouldn't be involved!  (It's difficult to get used to being a single mom, but you need to adopt a poisitive attitude about it.)

cdjd23
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:08 PM

You can't make him care or want to be there for his child, which is very sad and frustrating. Don't let his or the gf's actions hinder your parenting, he may or may not come to realize down the line how wrong his behavior is. Do you have an order for child support in place? Maybe having some financial responsibility of the child he helped create will get him to set up and be active.

mommielovesyou
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:13 PM

See if he will give his rights up.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

easinpc
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I agree with this.  As sad as it is to say and hard to accept there is nothing you can do to force them to step up and be a parent.  Just continue to show your child(ren) that you love them and will be there to support them.

Quoting PaperClip811:

There is no explanation other than selfishness. And nothing you can do, except be the best parent you're able. Nothing will make him step up except his own conscience.

micka5
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 6:27 PM

You"ll go crazy tryna figure out why...thats not important...idky some guys are like that but it happens

my girls father was the best...spoiled them to dealth..we split over 2 yrs ago & i can count on my fingers

ow many times the have seen  him! & they still love him so much as if he hasnt missed a beat! but u have to let it go & be there for your baby...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)