Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

About to scream

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:45 AM
  • 4 Replies

I have been working for a year and a half to fix my credit from my divorce and in September my ex was suppose to finally be refinancing the mortgage to get my name off it so the end of this year I was going to be applying for my own mortgage so I can purchase a house.  Well today I get a credit alert in my e-mail box so I log onto Equifax to check it and find out that he has not paid the past 2 months of house payments and it has now changed the status from pays as agreed to past due and my score dropped 80 points! 

I called the mortgage company and found out that he does have it on a repayment plan and that it is to be brought current within 2 months, but I am still about to scream.  I am so mad.  All my hard work down the drain and now I have to wait even longer.  I'm hoping that once he brings it back current that my score goes back up.

Grrr that man drives me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
cdjd23
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 4:51 PM

That's no good, hopefully he refinances soon and gets your name off. I have worked very hard to have the credit score I have and I would be spitting nails if someone ruined it by not paying bills that were also in my name. Good luck.

iluvmybabe
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 6:24 PM
I'm trying to fix mine too :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Not sure how it works, but if both your names are on the mortgage the one who is refinancing, gets the other to sign a document to take off their name in this case it's you who needs to sign the document.  Again I am not sure.  Good luck.  You might check it for yourself.

lovethelake
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:46 PM

My ex did this too. I sent my divorce finaization papers to the credit agencies and disputed it. It took about a month, but it worked!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)