Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Losing a child, kinda.

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 6:10 AM
  • 14 Replies

A few months ago I found out I was pregnant. I am currently 15 weeks and doing a bit better than I was. When I found out I was pregnant, I was scared, and then excited. My boyfriend, however, seemed to show no emotion one way or another, and he then pushed me away, all the while blaming me. Now, he has turned even my "best friend" against me, she's dating his brother so it's really no big shock.  The worst part, and the reason I'm writing this post, is that he has a 3 year old son whom I've taken care of every other week since he was almost 2 years old. I love that little boy with all my heart, and I always treated him like he was my baby. I haven't seen him since we broke up and I miss him so much it hurts. I have dreams that are like nightmares, where I see him and he is so excited to see me he runs to me yelling "Weswee!". I feel like I've lost a child. I know it might sound ridiculous to some of you, and some people tell me I have absolutely no right or reason to see him again, but I miss him terribly all the same. There's nothing I can do, so I'm writing this post to vent/cry/get other opinions and stories. Maybe some with happy endings. Thanks, ladies.

by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 6:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Aug. 11, 2012 at 8:32 AM
*hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heather_the_Mom
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 8:35 AM

What is your relationship like with the child's mother?  Perhaps you could go to her and see about getting together with her and the little boy?

maggie268
by Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Quoting Heather_the_Mom:

What is your relationship like with the child's mother?  Perhaps you could go to her and see about getting together with her and the little boy?

I agree... since you used to watch him then it seems she's pretty comfortable with you being around her son. Good luck! XOXO

TRLesleigh
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 8:51 AM
She pretended to be my friend amidst my breakup with the dad but she just wanted to be in on the gossip I think. She has now cut me off and won't speak to me. I have no idea why.

Quoting Heather_the_Mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strongerwtime
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 6:04 PM

awww :(....I never been through this before...but I can imagine that he was very much like your own. I hope you get to see him again soon :(

strongerwtime
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 6:08 PM

I'm so soryy to hear that.  When my ex and I broke up...a friend of his called me and wanted to see our daughter....evidently she wasnt as good friends with him anymore but I was still willing to let her see her.  But she never calls me anymore.  Not sure what happened....just a little opposite twist to your own story.  Its no tellingwhat he's saying to her.  The truth will come out though.  For now, I would lay low and just wait.

Quoting TRLesleigh:

She pretended to be my friend amidst my breakup with the dad but she just wanted to be in on the gossip I think. She has now cut me off and won't speak to me. I have no idea why.

Quoting Heather_the_Mom:

Misty319491
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I know exactly how you feel. My bd has a daughter that I helped watch whenever he had her. When we broke up I really missed her and the little things she would do. I guess in being in love with him, an attachment with his child was just natural. Breaking up and not seeing her anymore was hard, but I am hopeful that in the future, my son will have a relationship with his big sister. I wouldn't count on my bd to facilitate that so I do plan to make my wishes known to his daughters mom in due time. But it is hard. Just keep him in your thoughts and continue to wish the best for him. That is really all you can do :(

ms-superwoman
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I hate it when people do that to the kids. Don't they realize they are hurting the kids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
surfgrl60
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:50 AM

I am sorry. But after the baby is born file for CS RIGHT AWAY. Dont waste time with him or your friend. How immature for him to blame you for getting pregnant.

TRLesleigh
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Quoting surfgrl60:

I am sorry. But after the baby is born file for CS RIGHT AWAY. Dont waste time with him or your friend. How immature for him to blame you for getting pregnant.

At this point, I don't even think I want child support. I'd rather just have peace.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN