Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby father just told me

Posted by   + Show Post
Im so mad my baby father just told me he wasnt going to buy our baby anything. Like the crib and etc. so my plan was to keep all the receipts of everything i buy and bring it to court with me when i file child support. Can the court make him pay half for all the baby expenses? Another questions do i have to give my baby his last name in order to file for child support? Hes not going to sign the birth certificate as hes not going to be there when i give birth. Is that going to be a problem when i go file for child support?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Replies (11-17):
ssenter
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 12:10 AM

No you do not have to give the baby his last name. Unfortunatly child support starts once the child is born and he will be responsible for half the hospital bills also but they won't make him pay for any of the items you purchase prior to the child being born. Do be prepared for a possible DNA test though.

Mylifeasmelissa
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 12:16 AM
I'm going through the whole child support thing right now.
My sons dad wanted a DNA test so I took him to court. It's taking forber though.
We are waiting for the DNA test results to come in the mail. If the test says he is the dad then he will have to pay for the DNA test and may have to pay for the birth of our son or part of it and child support. Other than that I think that's all he will have to pay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaJewels2011
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this
O if only you could get him to pay for half! Not only are we the ones who blow up, can't drink, and end up waddling. But we're the only ones who have to pay for everything to prep for baby. But we are the ones who get that amazing connection with our little ones so it's worth any amount of money :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jackieb2811
by Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 12:28 AM

You do not have to give the baby his last name but you will need dna test to prove he is the father if you want c/s. Aldo he will not haqve to reinburse you but he will have to pay rears from the date you file to the date the support gets set up and in most states they do make the father pay for expenses like insurance, extra cirricular activities, daycare, etc

madisonsma08
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 2:38 AM
In Ohio the courts made him pay 50% of everything I had to purchase. I had the receipts and my bank statements. They also made him pay child support from the day she was born even though we didn't end up fighting in court until she was well over a year old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 2:41 AM
Nope they won't make him pay anything more than housing, utilities, food, medical, etc....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetDea
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 7:51 AM
For a long time i feared this would happen to me. Have you tried talking to him?

I am sorry you are going through this. I was told what you buy during pregnancy isn't counted in court. You also can give your baby whatever last name you want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)