Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

how long?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 5:49 PM
  • 14 Replies
How long after sex do you wait to take a pregnancy test? My periods are very irregular so a missed one is no indication.
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
unspecified42
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 5:51 PM
At least a couple of weeks, then. Sperm can be viable for up to a week, then it should take about a week for your hcg to rise enough to be detectable in urine.

Also, condoms are your friend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shelley927
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 5:53 PM

7 days

SpurgeonMom
by Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 5:54 PM
I would wait till your estimated period day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HelloKitty86
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 6:12 PM
4 moms liked this

That was kind of rude.  How do you know she isn't trying to get pregnant?

Quoting unspecified42:

At least a couple of weeks, then. Sperm can be viable for up to a week, then it should take about a week for your hcg to rise enough to be detectable in urine.

Rioux
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 6:25 PM
I guess it depends on if you want to be pregnant or not? If I am too stressed my period will take longer to come or not come at all! So if you are worried take a test just to reduce the stress.

However it has been a long time without a male friend, so not that kind of stress over here!
HisMommy4Ever
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I never took one. I already knew I was pregnant. My periods ALWAYS came on time and lasted for 7 days. I NEVER missed a period so when I didn't get it after 4 days I knew I was pregnant. But from what I heard you should wait at least a week to take a pregnancy test. When I finally confirmed I was pregnant...I was already a month along :)

MsGrayciesMommy
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 6:56 PM
That's how I was with my first, within 2 weeks I knew I was pregnant without even missing my period. But this time im so 50/50 on if I want to be pregnant im siking myself out!

Quoting HisMommy4Ever:

I never took one. I already knew I was pregnant. My periods ALWAYS came on time and lasted for 7 days. I NEVER missed a period so when I didn't get it after 4 days I knew I was pregnant. But from what I heard you should wait at least a week to take a pregnancy test. When I finally confirmed I was pregnant...I was already a month along :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsGrayciesMommy
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Thank you.

Also, my use of condoms is completely irrelevant. You have no clue of the circumstances leading to me asking this question.

Quoting unspecified42:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chanel5nyc
by Shanell on Aug. 12, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Condoms break. This could of been the OP's situation.

Quoting unspecified42:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Smartsicles
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

apparently they werent your dads. Just sayin'.

Quoting unspecified42:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)